Pip assessment, when do we let them know? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment, when do we let them know?

Options
vixy7
vixy7 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello My husband had his pip f2f assessment a couple of weeks ago. I requested the assessment report from DWP  it's full of lies, discrepancies and gone against the medical evidence. He was recommended 0 points on everything. I have all the medical evidence to support his diagnosis of epilepsy, anixty depression andbhow it affects his day to day life. When I phoned DWP for the report the person I spoke to said if we're not happy with the report to wait for the decision  to be made so I had a feeling it was a bad report ?. I was just wondering should I contact DWP to let them know that we're not happy with the report as still awaiting the decision?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No wait till you have the award notification letter then request an MR by phone and follow it up with a written request within the 30 day deadline. When making your MR give examples of how your husbands conditions effects him on a day to day against the PIP descriptors. The DWP are not interested in the lies or wrongly reported written in your acessment report any complaints should be directed at, to the acessment company who did your husbands acessment.
  • vixy7
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. I will make a complaint to atos who did the assessment. Makes me so angry that they lie on these reports and sadly it's happening to alot of people.
  • Bevvy7andover
    Bevvy7andover Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    I’m in the same boat you have to wait for the report and then ask for a mandatory assessment good luck 
  • vixy7
    Options
    Sorry to hear that your in this position aswell Bevvy 7andover ? the whole process is so stressful. If my husband doesn't get awarded pip all our beinfits will stop and we will have to apply for universal credit. Such a worrying time and making my husband even worse ?. I been doing alot of research online and it looks like the decision maker tends to go on the assesment report even when you have the evidence. I hope you get the outcome you want. Did you get recommended 0 points aswell?
  • vixy7
    Options
    Hello,
    Just and update my husband got refused pip! I called yesterday to let them know I wasn't happy with the assessment or assessment report I was advised to write a letter to state everything I wasn't happy with. The person I spoke to said a decision hadn't been made so to send in the letter quick with lies ect. He also said that this is happening alot with assessors missing information and lying ect and to get the letter in before decision is made. However I called DWP this morning and I was told decision was already made a couple days ago ? so will be requesting MR!
  • lloydyd
    lloydyd Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Options
    Hi Vixy, I am in the same boat too....I scored 0 for every single one. I have sent in my MR but not holding out hope...I have had a stroke, cant walk far, cant make meals, cant do budgets etc...should have got higher on both....but nothing. I have never claimed anything before....shameful that this government can make such a hash out of things...
  • vixy7
    Options
    Hi Lloydyd,
    I'm sorry to hear your in the same position. I know it's just awful how were being treated. Were going to challenge the decision all the way. It's so frustrating as I called the DWP and there well aware of What's going on the person I spoke to said so himself. I'm just so gutted i didn't get my complaint in before decision was made as from the research I've done on line people that complained before a decision was made went from 0 points to being awarded. But it's going to be hard to change the decision at MR so most likely end up at tribunal. Makes me so mad as my husband is unable to work he has 7-9 seizure a day, aniexty and depression ect and now all our money will stop soon stressed ?. I'm going to citizens advice tomorrow to find out where we go from here
  • Ununpentium
    Ununpentium Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    I got my points upped when I put in for a MR, most people get their points increased at MR. Hopefully it won't need to go to a tribunal. Make an appointment at your local citizens advice bureau as they can help you write the letter for the MR. They were very useful with mine.
    Sarah - Online Community Volunteer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I got my points upped when I put in for a MR, most people get their points increased at MR.

You were one of very few people to have your points increased at MR stage. Only 18% of MR decisions change so i'm afraid it's the other way round. Most people don't have their points increased, most decisions remain the same.

71% of those who appear in person at their Tribunal hearing have a decision in their favour.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April
    April Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Options
    vixy7 said:
    Hello,
    Just and update my husband got refused pip! I called yesterday to let them know I wasn't happy with the assessment or assessment report I was advised to write a letter to state everything I wasn't happy with. The person I spoke to said a decision hadn't been made so to send in the letter quick with lies ect. He also said that this is happening alot with assessors missing information and lying ect and to get the letter in before decision is made. However I called DWP this morning and I was told decision was already made a couple days ago ? so will be requesting MR!
    Sorry to hear this. I had the same problem with my daughter. We asked for an MR and nothing changed. 7 months later we went to Tribunal and the decision was made in my daughter's favour! Yay! But it took another month before the benefit was given back to her. I'm afraid you may be in for a long fight, but don't give up! Find the list of PIP descriptors online and get lots more evidence, if you can. My daughter's tribunal panel looked at the evidence whereas the DWP tend to favour the Assessors. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.