Tribunal Today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal Today

elbest
elbest Community member Posts: 37 Connected
Hi everyone, after reading lots of supportive posts on here relating to pip & thier experiences of appeals and how the panel were kind - I attended my tribunal today. To say that it was possibly one of the worst experiences i have been through is putting it mildly, they seemed from the beginning to be out to catch me out. I had a representative with me and i dont know how i would have coped without her. I dont know whether it is because all my problems are invisible or because i have a host of different problems or what it was over an hour long., They did not tell me thier verdict as they wanted to look at more of my evidence & will let me know next week. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Will it go againt me? Many thanks

Comments

• affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    All the best don’t worry I sick and unwell of worrying
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Sometimes a decision can't be made on the day of the hearing but they usually write to you with a decision very quickly and some receive the decision within a couple of days.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • elbest
    Thankyou Poppy and Offii for your kind words, I can’t sleep as I feel traumatised by the whole thing today. I suffer with anxiety too and it has been too much.
  • ricky1040
    ricky1040 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    I had mine this week and the letter came the very next day. Yea i guess they have to ask the hard questions but they seemed to be impartial and mo agenda as such. Hope ur ok and it goes as u hope
  • elbest
    Thankyou Ricky1040 and I hope yours did too .
  • zaky
    zaky Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi I'm new hear I've been waiting for my esa tribunal today I'm so nervous I wish I didn't have to go I suffer from chronic back pain dew to a previous operation and depression and anxiety. I'm so scared and panicky to what's going to happen to me today.
  • poppy123456
    zaky said:
    Hi I'm new hear I've been waiting for my esa tribunal today I'm so nervous I wish I didn't have to go I suffer from chronic back pain dew to a previous operation and depression and anxiety. I'm so scared and panicky to what's going to happen to me today.
    Good luck. Are you taking someone with you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • zaky
    I couldn't get a proper representative from the money advice people I got help with a submission letter but they said no one can come with me. My daughter who is also my carer is coming with me. Thank you for your good wishes u realy need it.
  • poppy123456
    You will have to answer all the questions yourself. They may ask your daughter if there's anything she wants to add at the end but this doesn't always happen.

If they can't make a decision today they will send you a decision letter in the post within a few days. Come back and let us know the outcome.
  • zaky
    I will do thank you so much for your support.
  • zaky
    Hi I can't believe I was just about to get a taxi and i got a call from the tribunal office the lady said that the judge looked at my appeal  papers and submisoon letter and decided in my favour. She said I don't have to attend the tribunal and I will get a letter in the post in the next couple if days of my reward. I just can't believe it I've lost so much sleep and struggled so much while waiting for over a year for this hearing and now it's over. I'm so grateful for this judge who saw sense and ruled in my favour. Thank you who ever you are.
  • poppy123456
    That's fantastic news!!! well done!
  • zaky

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.