ESA doctors letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA doctors letter

janejr
janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
I have a friend who is mentally ill and has had a ESA assessment form to fill in. He was recently diagnosed with PTSD and other things dating back to when he was a very young child. His head doctor is saying she will have to ask her manager before agreeing to write him a letter stating what is wrong with him. He is in a very dark place just now and feels no one is helping him. Can his shrink ( can't spell so sorry for the slang) refuse do do him this letter for him

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Some esa assessments don’t look at your drs letter anyway my dr has done 2 starring no way can I work hosp drs your own doctor writes one some make you pay 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Some Dr's/Consultants will refuse to write a letter of support for benefit claims. Those that agree may charge.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sheZZa
    sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    My doctor filled in a form for me and my award contained.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.