Just Need To Talk - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just Need To Talk

2»

Comments

• Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Hi again Roddy thank for that and my meeting with my mental team was good and she sat and talk with me for a long time and was going to pass on the thing we had talk about today with my councillor to keep her up to date with how I have been this week and then she as give my sister a ring about today and then my sister as got on to my nephew who as come round to see me and have a talk and then tells me that he as booked for me him and is kids to go watch captain marvel at the pictures on Friday and he is going to sort for us to go to the pictures at least once a month to help get my mind off thing and I know its not much but all I can say to you and all the rest of the scope community thank you so much for the kind words that have help me today and last night Thank you.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope you have a lovely time watching Captain Marvel - I love superheroes!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Gerald
    Thanks Ami2301 I will and nephew knows the pictures I like Captain Marvel and the next one may be Endgame and thank you for last night. all the best Ami2301 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome, I can't wait for Endgame too ? I apologise for going off topic! Always here if you need anything fellow superhero :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Gerald
    Hi you do not need to apologise about Endgame Ami2301 you got me through a bad night thank you.
  • Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    Gerald said:
    Hi again Roddy thank for that and my meeting with my mental team was good and she sat and talk with me for a long time and was going to pass on the thing we had talk about today with my councillor to keep her up to date with how I have been this week and then she as give my sister a ring about today and then my sister as got on to my nephew who as come round to see me and have a talk and then tells me that he as booked for me him and is kids to go watch captain marvel at the pictures on Friday and he is going to sort for us to go to the pictures at least once a month to help get my mind off thing and I know its not much but all I can say to you and all the rest of the scope community thank you so much for the kind words that have help me today and last night Thank you.
    That's brilliant news! Enjoy the film and have a great time. Bring us all back some Pop-Corn! (smile)  
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Gerald   Thank you for replying to my post.  How are you today?

@Roddy has given you a lot of advice and good to hear that you need to take that on board.

Mental health these feelings, emotions and all the effects around the assessments are the part of the illness you have.

Please can I also add it is knowing yourself, how to deal with these emotions, feelings.

I have been doing the benefits system for a long time, still get what your going through when it comes but do know how to deal with this, I am not perfect not superhuman just a gent.

What is important here that your not alone, share and care with your family. Be and use this forum .  Always some one here. Speak to the community.

Another suggestion is to ask your mental health team about courses. They do exist on how you deal with your mental health and the problems around it. Usually most mental health charities have these.

Sometimes your wellbeing service run by local councils do them as well. Many are free, 

Learning and being educated to how your mind works is all useful.  Then you have the tools to cope.  I have been doing this along time in my early late twenties now middle fifties.

Can be things like sleep, medication diet, lifestyle always important those two.  Have a built up knowledge in the process meet on these courses many like yourself.

From all walks of life and you suddenly realise you not alone. 

I have disability like yourself with my illness ongoing.

Always happy to share and care.

Wish well today and please if you need to chat or talk always here.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Gerald
    Hi thespiceman  Thanks for that all of you in the community have all been so kind with all you nice words it helps and to know your all out there like I have put down in the past  is that I know its not much but thank you all.
  • Gerald
    Hi all just a bit of a update that the nice lady from my mental health team as give me a ring today just to have a talk and see how I am feeling  today which as been nice so that's it and thank you to all in the community for your help <3<3
  • Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    @Gerald
    That's brilliant news Gerald... See what you've managed to achieve in less than one week! We may have all been here for you, but you did it all with the help of nice lady from your mental health team... You'll really be able to enjoy Captain Marvel at the pictures with your Nephew now, and not worry so much about things... All the best, Roddy
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Gerald Thank you for reply. That is OK I am happy to have met you.

Good to hear that some one has contacted you. That is excellent to hear.  Please can I add there a lot of good hard working support workers out there. In the community.

I know I have met so many of them..  Please what is important right now is the reassurance you need to cope and to deal with anything.

Also you have so much support on the community.

You have friends here. I know it is difficult for you every day, but it will be OK . Every thing will work out.

We are here.

Any problems please contact us the community.  We all need to talk at sometime so please do not be afraid to say if we can help.

Just one final point have done a post on anxiety and foods that may help .

Under Coffee Lounge. If you interested. Lots of guidance and useful advice, tips.

Please keep in touch.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Gerald
    Hi thespiceman thank you and I will have a look at that post to thanks for the help Take Care 

Brightness