This all just seems a bit strange to me? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

This all just seems a bit strange to me?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 34 Connected
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,935 Disability Gamechanger
    When you were claiming ESA you were in the WRAG and you started your claim before April 2017 this means that for ESA you were entitled to the extra WRAG component which was why you were claiming £204 per week. If your claim had started after April 2017 then your fortnightly money would have been £146.20.

When you transferred to UC you should have been given the same award that you had when you claimed ESA which for UC is LCW. This pays an extra £126 per month. Looking at your calculations above your monthly money is missing the LCW element which is £126 month extra. This will be why your online journal is telling you, you need to look for work.

What you need to do is ring ESA and ask for a call back from a case manager. When you get the call back you need to tell them that you transferred to UC and ask them to send across the award you had for ESA to UC. Once this is done you'll be paid the extra money and your work commitments will be changed and you won't be required to look for work.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    You're very welcome!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    @ManyQuestions It makes me wonder how the DWP get something as simple as paying the correct amount of benefit wrong, was it deliberate or plain stupidity. Either way, I hope they sort your money out soon.  :)
  • poppy123456
    @ManyQuestions It makes me wonder how the DWP get something as simple as paying the correct amount of benefit wrong, was it deliberate or plain stupidity. Either way, I hope they sort your money out soon.  :)
    When transferring from ESA to UC it happens everytime. This is because the ESA award has to be sent to UC manually. Yes, i know they're both DWP but nothing is logical when it comes to them.
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.