When we are MIGRATED TO UNIVERSAL CREDIT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I'M 66? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When we are MIGRATED TO UNIVERSAL CREDIT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I'M 66?

Options
teejays1617
teejays1617 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
Can anyone tell me when I am NATURALLY MIGRATED ACROSS TO UNIVERSAL CREDIT
and I receive SDP and EDP what will happen when I become retirement age at 66 ,three years time?
Does my claim for Universal Credit carry on ? or do I claim Attendance Allowance
I am very confused 
Also what about PENSION CREDIT?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When people start moving across it's called managed migration. Naturally migrating means you move across because a change of circumstances prompts a move, which won't happen for those claiming SDP until the transitional support protection is in place sometime this year.

UC like ESA is a working age benefit, so if you are claiming UC when your state pension age then it will stop and you'll claim your state pension instead.

As you're claiming PIP you will remain claiming it for as long as you qualify for it, so Attendance Allowance doesn't apply to you. PIP/DLA/AA are not part of UC.

For the SDP then this is payable as part of pension credit, which you'll need to claim separately to your state pension.  You'll lose the EDP because it's only payable to those claiming ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • teejays1617
    teejays1617 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Poppy,
                  Thanks for all the info. Thanks also for correcting me over what I thought was Natural Migration but I should of put Managed Migration
    Trust all is well with yourself .
    I messaged APOLLO today on here but no reply .Hope APOLLO is OK

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.