PIP Change of Circumstance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Change of Circumstance

Options
Nattie3
Nattie3 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
Morning all, just want a bit of advice because my mind is all over the place waiting for the next step really. 

I put in for change of circumstance in January 2019, I have deteriorated in my condition but my last application didn’t fully express all my needs, I was a little bit mislead in some of the areas and scored incorrectly, down to my anxieties I decided not to appeal the decision as I couldn’t face going through more stress straight afterward. 

So ive come to the change of circumstances now, one of my support workers compiled a very detailed supporting letter as my more evidence and requested that they make a conclusion without the need for a face to face assessment as I’ve gone through these assessments 3 times in 2 years. 
The assessor did call my support worker early last week purely to confirm everything she had put in the letter and how my condition affects me and her role. 

My support worker said it sounded “positive” and that I should hear within a couple of days. 
It has been over a week now and I evidently haven’t heard anything, just wondering if anybody else has been in a similar situation and was it as quick as my support worker has predicted?

Situations like this make me very apprehensive and I haven’t been able to sleep and eat properly for a while. 

TIA

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,187 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It's not as quick as your support worker predicted, unfortunately. Even though they have rang him/her it still doesn't mean you'll have a paper based assessment, it's still possible you'll have a face to face. It really depends if they have enough of evidence to write the report without a face to face assessment. Most people have a face to face assessment.

My daughter is currently going through a review and she's had a paper based assessment but the report was returned to DWP about 1 month again and still no decision's been made. It really does depend on backlog in your area.

You could ring DWP to ask if the report has been returned or ring the health assessment providers to ask what's happening next. If the report has been returned to DWP then you can ring them to ask for a copy to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

Hopefully you'll get some answers when you ring. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Nattie3

You could ring the PIP helpline to ask for a copy of the assessment report.

Once you have a copy, you will be able to deduct, what your award is likely to be.

Good luck.
  • Nattie3
    Options
    Thank you, my carer did actually ring prior to the assessment providers contacting my support worker informing him that my change of circumstance claim was with an assessor. We provided quite a lot of information this time around and a lot of evidence to support my recent claim and changes - I didn't really have much advice in my previous applications which lead to me being allocated the wrong reward, but this time round I feel I was more well informed and equipped to deal with it.

Will suggest my carer gives them a ring and see what stage we are up to. 

Thanks again for the advice.
  • Nattie3
    Options
    My carer called this afternoon and they informed him that they’re awaiting on a home visit assessment before making their decision! How wonderful. 

Thanks again for the advice. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,187 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes it's not possible to do a paper based assessment even when they've contacted someone on your list of contacts. It's rare to have a paper based assessment. Hopefully you're not waiting too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nattie3
    Options
    Sometimes it's not possible to do a paper based assessment even when they've contacted someone on your list of contacts. It's rare to have a paper based assessment. Hopefully you're not waiting too long.
    Thanks Poppy, hopefully not!
    My health worker believes we can get the exemption through after speaking to the assessor so she’s going to discuss that with them tomorrow in more detail. 

Sounds a bit more positive now! 

Thanks again everyone for your advice and support 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.