Medical Certificates — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical Certificates

Options
welshy123
welshy123 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi everyone,  i have been on esa for around 8 years having won a tribunal and being placed in support group.  I have had a ftf reassessment  every 12 months since.  This year my reassessment was 3 weeks earlier than my 12 month award but didnt mind going to ftf.  I have today 9th recieved a letter asking for a new medical certificate to be sent in by the 12th march as mine runs out on the 11th march or i will have payments stopped.  I had my ftf on 26th feb and have not recieved decision yet. I am in full uc area. I have never been asked for axmedical certificate before. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

When you're in one of the groups you don't send sick notes so i'm not sure why you've been sent this letter. I realise you've recently had a face to face assessment and if you had been found fit for work your money will have stopped and you won't be asked for a sick note.

I'd advise you to ring DWP Monday morning when they open and ask why you've been sent this letter. They'll be able to tell you what's going on. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • welshy123
    Options
    Thank you for your support .   Ive been stressed all day. Will call first thing monday and update .
  • welshy123
    Options
    Just to update. I called dwp Monday. After an hour wait getting through i was told i could ignore the letter as im in the support group and didnt need to give medical certificates.  He did have to check with his supervisor.  I have asked if my payments will continue and they said it shouldnt be a problem and they suspect a blip in the system.  Will wait and see. Again many thanks for replies.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.