Reapply for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reapply for PIP

Options
Sim1y3
Sim1y3 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Ok I'm really confused and don't know what to do. In October I was rejected for PIP because I was too sick to attend the assement. In February my ESA was cut i didn't know why so mum phoned ESA for me. The lady on the phone said it was cut because I don't get DLA anymore and was rejected for PIP. She said I can't get my full ESA back until i get pip. She said if mum helps me reapply then I'll get my full ESA back. I need all my money back. I'm really struggling with hardly any money. How do we reapply i don't understand. Please help. I have autism and anxiety and learning difficulties as well as a wheelchair user and have sensory difficulties along with speech problems. My rejection letter was stolen of the back of my wheelchair

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Sim1y3, if you could provide a little more information it'll help us be able to answer your question in more detail. Can I ask if you appealed the PIP decision back in October and did you request a home assessment and if so, was this declined?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Sim1y3
    Options
    I got my rejection letter but it was stolen and a I lost my grandma suddenly so me and mum struggled. I didn't know they did home ones they didn't tell us. I struggle with going out In public and talking to strangers. The lady on the phone mum spoke to heard me being ill
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Sim1y3 , how are you doing today?
    Depending on your reasons, it is possible to put in for a mandatory reconsideration in the 13 months that follow a rejection.
    There are some great tips on the Citizens Advice Bureau website about putting in a late application for mandatory reconsideration which should help.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Sim1y3
    Options
    Not doing well. The lady on the phone told mum to reapply. Thanks will show mum 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Sim1y3 said:
    Not doing well. The lady on the phone told mum to reapply. Thanks will show mum 
    Apply within the 13 months for a MR and win then you will get the PIP  award backdated to when it ceased along with the lost ESA top up.

Make a new claim you will only get paid from the date you make the new claim.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.