Confused about my pip report.. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused about my pip report..

confused89
confused89 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi as you can tell by my name I’m really confused. I’m diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder. My social worker had Informed pip my condition has worsened. I didn’t have to go to the face to face assessment because sometimes I can be violent when under pressure. Now on my other pip assessments I was never entitled to mobility. But now they seem to think I am. I can walk and didn’t think you would get mobility for mental health. I’ve always just got high rate daily. Well today I got a report And came across this I’ll upload pic. I was wondering how many points this means and will I actually get mobility.x 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Following and planning a journey isn't about being able to walk, the moving around part is for those with mobility issues. If you don't go out because of overwhelming psychological distress (OPD) or you need someone with you when you do go out because of a learning disability then it's possible you can score points in this descriptor.

See link for a full explanation for the mobility descriptors.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • confused89
    Thank you poppy. So I’m probably going to get 10 points. That’s great news. I’m a bit confused at how he’s put in my report that I haven’t assaulted anyone for a long time. As I’ve just been kicked out my doctors for assault when I wasn’t well and in the right frame of mind. I also don’t leave the house at all unsupervised. He’s mentioned a lot about anxiety not the actual real problem. I think if he told the truth I would have got 12 by looking at the link you sent me. Never mind what ever happens will be a help and I wasn’t expecting it. Thanks again poppy x
  • confused89
    ilovecats said:
    Thank you poppy. So I’m probably going to get 10 points. That’s great news. I’m a bit confused at how he’s put in my report that I haven’t assaulted anyone for a long time. As I’ve just been kicked out my doctors for assault when I wasn’t well and in the right frame of mind. I also don’t leave the house at all unsupervised. He’s mentioned a lot about anxiety not the actual real problem. I think if he told the truth I would have got 12 by looking at the link you sent me. Never mind what ever happens will be a help and I wasn’t expecting it. Thanks again poppy x
    If you are a risk to yourself or others or have OPD, If you do not go out of the house on the majority of days then 11F cannot apply so it reverts to 11E
    I don’t understand what your saying.x 
  • confused89
    ilovecats said:
    ilovecats said:
    If you are a risk to yourself or others or have OPD, If you do not go out of the house on the majority of days then 11F cannot apply so it reverts to 11E
    I don’t understand what your saying.x 
    In order to score for Activity 11 there has to be evidence of overwhelming psychological distress, a genuine risk of violence to the claimant or to others, or a cognitive, learning or sensory impairment that would cause safety and risk to be compromised e.g someone with autism who doesn’t understand the concept of stranger danger or an inability to plan a route due to a learning impairment.

If that applies then the activity descriptors whittle it down based on unfamiliar / familar journeys and then leaving the house on the majority of days or not.

For mental health, if OPD is present for all journeys then it will either be Activity E or F. If the claimant doesn’t leave the house the majority of days then E applies over F. 

F insinuates that someone has to be present for all journeys, E is more cannot leave the house at all due to OPD.

Bare in mind that B is for prompting to overcome OPD and the prompter doesn’t have to be present for the whole journey, just getting out the door, however if someone can leave the house once to do any journey e.g the school run, even if they don’t get out out of the car then A will apply because OPD is not present for every journey.

It’s quite difficult to score for OPD and mental health as the criteria is pretty stringent.

Epilepsy without any useful warning or aura that results in loss of consiousness will score an F due to the safety risk. If someone has had their driving license returned due to being fit free for a year then they will score an A because the risk is low.
    Thank you for explaining that to me. I understand now. The only thing is every time I do get out I end up arrested. My last shopping trip ended up with some woman been been fly kicked into the fruit and veg stand because she rammed her trolley into me and didn’t say sorry. I can’t remember exactly what happened until the police showed me the cctv. I literally can’t go out alone. I’ve been sectioned countless times. I sometimes question why they don’t just throw away the key. But some days like today I feel completely normal and don’t go crazy. But my normal days are a nightmare of anxiety. I don’t know what they will do I was just confused about the report because they have always told me I wasn’t entitled to the mobility. Now they saying I am. Maybe I’m best leaving it with my cpn and social worker.x 
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    edited July 2020
    [Removed by moderator]
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,612 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    [Removed by moderator]
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    [Removed by moderator]
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lou67
    edited July 2020
    [Removed by moderator]
  • Lou67
    edited July 2020
    [Removed by moderator]
  • Lou67
    edited July 2020
    [Removed by moderator]
  • katho31
    edited July 2020
    [Removed by moderator]
  • katho31
    edited July 2020
    [Removed by moderator]
  • Lou67
    edited July 2020
    [Removed by moderator]
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    [Removed by moderator]
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'll shortly be removing all irrelevant posts from this thread (including those that don't breach our community guidelines but have continued the off-topic discussion.)

The online community is not a place to air your grievances with one another and certainly not in a thread where another member is asking for help.

If you wish to discuss this further with me you can email the community inbox on community@scope.org.uk and I will respond during office hours.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    @katho31, please try not to take things to heart so much. If someone is upsetting you then I believe you can block them and therefore wont see their comments. However, it is this sort of situation that can cause problems (usually unintentional but not always) and some people simply do not see the harm they do to others before it's too late to do anything about it. It's why I mentioned in another thread that getting too close to some people and especially meeting them outside a BB can be stressful and care needs to be taken.

Most of us are usually isolated and / or not treated and supported correctly and this can cause people to change from their usual nature without even realizing they are doing so. Personally I find myself doing this as I never come across the same way I do outside of the Internet and it's why I sometimes put disclaimers on mu comments because unlike f2f talking I cannot always adapt my comments to be more supportive and helpful and sometimes upset people unintentionally. In f2f conversations I am very good at reading people's face and body language and adapting to stress them less.

Chin up Kath and take care.
    TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • katho31
    Hello @Topkitten, im crying but be okay in bit, was so happy and helping people and looking forward to footy then this, I will not let someone treat me badly or mock my advice when its coming from my kind heart. Again thank you, you are so kind and reassuring and have lovely empathy x very grateful to you bless you, yes chin up and you take care too x :)
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.