How should I answer this Question that they have asked me about 'gaps' in my 'employment'? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How should I answer this Question that they have asked me about 'gaps' in my 'employment'?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 34 Connected
edited March 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

To answer the question "were there any gaps in your employment" you answer yes if you were only claiming ESA. ESA isn't employment, it's a benefit and DWP weren't your employers.

For the extra £126 per month At your next appointment ask your Work Coach to check opstrat and pin a note to UC with your WCA result. Then ask them to send a handover to the service centre to escalate and it should be done fairly quickly.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2019
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Opstrat means computer system (for DWP) WCA is work capability assessment.

This problem happens everytime because the ESA award isn't automatically placed onto the UC claim. It's needs to be done manually through a handover and i believe the only person that can do this is a case manager. It's perfectly normal for it to take a few weeks, longer sometimes. Any money owed to you will be backdated.

If the messages on your journal aren't being answered then the only thing you can do is ring UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If that was the most recent decision then yes but you should have had an award letter after that from DWP.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.