Wait time after PIP reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wait time after PIP reassessment

Rich212
Rich212 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
How long general wait after a reassessment of my pip ?

Comments

• pink_princess
    pink_princess Community member Posts: 181 Pioneering

Hi @Rich212

It can take between six to eight weeks for a decision on your PIP claim to be made following an assessment or reassessment. If you ever want to find out more about the status of your claim, then you can contact the PIP helpline on 0800 121 4433. 

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rich212 welcome to the community! The waiting time for a decision can vary depending if there is a backlog of claims in your area. Do keep us updated and let us know if you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you live in the UK you can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rich212
    Rich212 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    I do live in the uk I been waiting 6 weeks from assessment that I had end of January 
    i already rung see what happing 
    i didn’t know you could get a copy of the assessment report I will have give a call to request one 
    thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no timescales to decisions. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jade08
    Jade08 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Rich212
    I had my assessment on 9th January still waiting for decision, I rang at end of February and then again this morning. Still with case manager I’ve told plus staff member said you do not need to keep ringing. Hope you find out soon

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.