been informed that a financial assessment done and I have to pay? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

been informed that a financial assessment done and I have to pay?

Options
susan1307
susan1307 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all
i have a query.
I receive Direct Payment for a good time and recently been informed that a financial assessment had been done and I am required to make a contribution towards costs.
i have not had an Assessment Officer out to visit me and neither any letter from the Council until now stating payment has not been made by me?
can they do an assessment without coming out to you?
Please advise

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @susan1307 and welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    I don't know the answer to your question so I am going to forward a copy to someone who might be better able to help you. Please bear with us and stay in touch.
    Warmest best wishes to you
    @JennysDad
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,223 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    They may have had all your information about your household income and may not have needed to come out to you. Some people do have to pay towards the cost of their care, it depends on circumstances.

The best thing you can do is ring and ask them when exactly did they do the assessment and where. They will be able to answer any questions you have.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • susan1307
    susan1307 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi spoke to Council and an assessment was done just using my income details only and no outgoings taken into account.  As this was last year I have to pay what they charged me as cannot backdate it. Very frustrating having to pay where assessment never took place and the guy has left the department too. I have been told I have to pay the charges as its been a year.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.