Appeal Won - Advice Required — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal Won - Advice Required

Options
cldcp00
cldcp00 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Hi 
Today I won my appeal that I should not have been moved from the Support Group into the WRAG. At the bottom of the Decision Notice It has this statement
The Tribunal recommends that the department does not reassess MR Purcell within 24 months from today.

Are the DWP obliged to stick to this recommendation. And if not what are the odds that I will be reassessed before 24 months.

Thanks for any info

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

That's just a recommendation for ESA you can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cldcp00
    cldcp00 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thanks for you reply
    How often do they reassess before the 24 months recommended?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Anytime from 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • wild_one
    wild_one Community member Posts: 95 Connected
    Options
    Just out of interest, assuming your money dropped when you were placed in the WRAG, will you get the 'backpayment' and how quickly do your payments reflect the move back to 'support'?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    wild_one said:
    Just out of interest, assuming your money dropped when you were placed in the WRAG, will you get the 'backpayment' and how quickly do your payments reflect the move back to 'support'?
    Yes the difference from WRAG to Support Group payment will be paid. Payments can take 8 weeks after a Tribunal win.
  • wild_one
    wild_one Community member Posts: 95 Connected
    Options
    wild_one said:
    Yes the difference from WRAG to Support Group payment will be paid. Payments can take 8 weeks after a Tribunal win.
    .... and is it retrospective? Bearing in mind the whole process can take months if it goes to tribunal?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.