Why do universal credit ask you multiple times what you do during the day? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why do universal credit ask you multiple times what you do during the day?

rolio90
rolio90 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello,

I have mental health problems that mean I cannot reliably attend universal credit work coach appointments. 

When I have not attended I have had to give a step by step account of my day and what the occupation/university studies and working times are of my family. 3 times I have done this and once in the actual jobcentre. I have also been asked about private medical information, such as medication side effects and doses, in a busy building where I do not feel comfortable discussing these things. These have all been on occasions where I have not attended a previous appointment.

I wondered if anyone knew what the reasoning for being forced to divulge sensitive and laborious details.

Many Thanks

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.