Refused my PIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Refused my PIP

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 27 Connected
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 27 Connected
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @poppy123456 Maybe it's got something to do with my partners carers allowance xx
    That will be one reason an ESA claim can be increased if a person loses their PIP but not everyone claims carers allowance.

The reason singing's ESA was reduced was most likely because they were no longer entitled to the severe disability premium when they lost their PIP award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Singing
    Singing Community member Posts: 135 Courageous
    Options
    Hi I just want to say please do not worry about me I am a trooper and I will not give up.  
  • Singing
    Options
    Yes I will be left with £69 pcm for food or amenities. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello Singing,

I'm sorry to hear about your PIP award being stopped. There is a time limit of one calendar month to challenge this and I think it is important to try and get help with this from your local citizens advice or advice agency. They should be able to advise you on the process and how to obtain further information to support your appeal.

Good luck.

Michael
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Singing
    Options
    Thank you yes I am going to the CAB on Thursday. And I have written a letter stating I want a MC. 
  • Singing
    Options
    I just recieved A copy of the assessment that I requested. And yep they have omitted things, that speak in my favour and literally just tying
    together three points that they have attributed for me having zero on everything. However, the information that they are using for those points is not accurate. - it’s literally a judgement from a stranger in 2o minutes that has no basis in the reality of my daily living. 
  • Singing
    Options
    Also the descriptors don’t seem to apply at all , - for each possible area they have listed the same 3 points, that are not even related to what is being scored - ie, she can drive so has no impaired cognition is listed every time under all sections - to support the decision, like for the having a bath section - so it appears unless you are dead or brain dead then you don’t qualify - if you can do anything at all and don’t look insane then you are off. 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Driving a car does actually involve good thinking and assessment processes together with arms/legs manipulation.
    To argue that you have cognitive issues would generally suggest that you should not be driving a car.
    Likewise extreme pain/lack of movement/prescribed certain pain killing drugs would also make driving difficult.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Driving will indeed indicate that there's no cognitive issues.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Singing
    Options
    Yeah - it’s all messed up - the facts are I drive twice a week to a shop because any further I get lost. I am intelligent, part of my diagnosis is that I am too intelligent- so my thoughts go too fast - also who knows what is going on inside my brain without a scan, really. 
  • Singing
    Options
    I respectfully disagree - we are not brain surgeons - 
  • twonker
    Options
    Don't forget medication or certain medical conditions. Anyone claiming to have certain health conditions or are prescribed Opioids that are likely to cause the loss/restriction of a driving licence are well advised to be aware that the assessor would doubt your difficulties etc if you drive.

• twonker
    Options
    Singing said:
    Yeah - it’s all messed up - the facts are I drive twice a week to a shop because any further I get lost

With respect do you think you are safe on the road given that situation?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That is a dialemma.

I have a friend who is technically blind, he has no central vision and I have to read any important mail to him. He has a very rare condition in that his brain compensates for the lack and his eyes move rapidly from side to side unconciously. The DVLA are aware of his condition but he does pass the required eyesight test.

Safety should always be the first concern
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Singing
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yes, my point exactly -  The brain is incredibly complicated. And even the best neurosurgeons in the world do not even know how it really works fully. We have no idea, why for some reason it is easier for the brain to drive, than it is to function in small enclosed spaces, for example. Once you have learnt to drive, it is a habitual part of your Neuro programming surely. They might have learnt to drive before their onset. They might even be a very good driver because they are hyper vigilant.  - But that does not mean that individual has the right neuro programming in their brain for the other things that they need it for. So, I do not believe you can make judgements against someone and what they are saying, if you are not a brain surgeon. And assuming that one size fits all. Frankly. And no I was not arguing that I do not have cognitive abilities. I do have some cognitive abilities. Of course I do. I am alive. But there are definitely ones that are not working properly that very seriously negatively impact my life on an every day basis. Also a further thought, driving can actually be quite a relaxing activity. So for example for someone with mental health difficulties, there is an ability to relax somewhat and calm down, you are passing lots of different areas of scenery, you are not stuck in one place , ruminating - People actually go on driving holidays. It is a relaxing activity. So maybe that is why there is more cognitive ease there than there is for other functional abilities that people need in everyday life. But do not have, because their brain doesn’t know how. Or can’t- is disabled- 
  • twonker
    Options
    Singing said:
     Also a further thought, driving can actually be quite a relaxing activity. So for example for someone with mental health difficulties, there is an ability to relax somewhat and calm down, you are passing lots of different areas of scenery, you are not stuck in one place , ruminating - People actually go on driving holidays. It is a relaxing activity. So maybe that is why there is more cognitive ease there than there is for other functional abilities that people need in everyday life. But do not have, because their brain doesn’t know how. Or can’t- is disabled- 
    I doubt that many will agree with you on that.
    Relaxing? Yes it was back in the 60's when there weren't as many vehicles on the road. In fact back in the late 70's you could drive the whole length of the A! from London up to Darlington at night and probably only pass a few dozen vehicles.

If anyone thinks that driving is a relaxing experience as you pass chocolate box villages, green fields with the odd couple of horses grazing in a lush meadow then I would like to know where you are.

Driving today is very much like putting your life in the hands of others. Try the M1, M4, M6, M25 or even the A1M and see how you feel after the first 200 miles. Try thinking what could happen on a normal A road in an accident with a closing speed at impact of over 120 mph!
  • Singing
    Options
    I live in the countryside 
  • Singing
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Antagonistic on a disability forum ? I think you might be going to hell - bye

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.