Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment

ollieandduke
ollieandduke Community member Posts: 174 Courageous
My assessment form had to be in by 12th  march how long does it take before hearing anything back from dwp

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Most people have face to face assessments, it's rare to have a paper based one. You'll receive a letter from the health assessment providers for the assessment, how long this takes depends on backlog in your area. There's no time scales.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ollieandduke
    Is it still rare if you have a medical evidence from your doctor saying you cant get out and incapeable of moving
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, it's still rare. You can request a home assessment but you'll need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why you can't attend the assessment centre.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    You can request a home assessment with the backing of your GP, something you should do sooner rather than later
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• ollieandduke
    Its already been sent with my form xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.