Any way to speed up the process? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any way to speed up the process?

Stoke39
Stoke39 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi I received a phone call in January about a possible payment for the esa money that is owed. I've called several times since sent the forms off and getting no where I've been told it would be processed by the 1st of April then the middle of April and now the end of April. I've called for updates and in the 10 weeks it's been sent off no one has looked at the claim. Is they anything I can do to speed up this process as it isn't fair I'm missing out on the money that should have been being paid all along. 
Many thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,937 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm afraid there's nothing you can do but wait. There's approximately 570,000 claims to assess so it's not going to be quick. The 12 week guideline they advised at the start rapidly increased.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Stoke39 I am sorry to hear about this, I hope you hear back from them soon. Please keep us updated on this.
  • Stoke39
    Stoke39 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    I will do many thanks fingers crossed not waiting much longer as everytime seem to contact them get told yet another different date or time scale 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.