REQUESTING A COPY OF PIP ASSESSMENT REPORT — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

REQUESTING A COPY OF PIP ASSESSMENT REPORT

tricia190
tricia190 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I keep seeing that people have requested ( and received ) a copy of their asssessment report . I am puzzled at why , when I was researching this , the information I found from the Assessment Provider is as follows:                                       ''Getting a copy of your assessment report -  You can only request a copy once DWP writes to you with their decision. To ask for your copy you should contact DWP on 0800 121 4433 or textphone 0800 121 4493. We’re not able to provide a copy of the report on the day of your face-to-face consultation''.
Any opinions on this please ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes indeed that's what they tell you. However, if you live in the UK then you can request your copy before a decision is made. Some will refuse to send it, if this happens ring again and speak to someone different, chances are they'll agree to send it to you. I received copies of all my PIP and ESA reports and there's been 7 in total.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bevvy7andover
    Bevvy7andover Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    I tecieved mine with my desision letter thought I’d actually got listened to this time —- sadly no desha vuu off to tribunal again! Demoralising and depressing my depression has another knot added!!
  • tricia190
    @Bevvy7andover .. When I say  ''I feel your pain''   I know that a lot more people will feel the same and wish you good luck in getting through this 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    To me this smacks of the DWP not wanting to follow their own instructions.
    It shouldn't be the case that when you telephone them numerous times you do so hoping to find someone who thinks that the rule is stupid and goes against it.
    In my world there are only two choices in life. The rules are there for everyone to follow or the rules need getting rid of.
  • Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    edited March 2019
    twonker said:
    It shouldn't be the case that when you telephone them numerous times you do so hoping to find someone who thinks that the rule is stupid and goes against it.
    In my world there are only two choices in life. The rules are there for everyone to follow or the rules need getting rid of.
    The rule is that if you want a copy of your assessment report then you're entitled to receive it, and prior to a decision if that's when you want it.
    If a DWP telephony agent says otherwise, ask to speak with their manager.
    Some DWP case workers manning the phones are there only to deal with phone enquiries. If they can't deal with something there and then they have to create a task for someone in the back office to deal with it instead.
    Some case workers manning the phones can deal with queries which may take a little more time. If one of these answers the phone they can print off the assessment report straightaway and pop it straight in the post. If one of the former takes the call then it can be several weeks before the report will arrive.
    Why the DWP prefers to send reports only after the decision is because that report may not be the final report ie sometimes a case manager will go back to the assessment provider with a query which will result in a supplementary report being produced or the original report being amended.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    As far as I'm aware DWP will not amend the original report. The supplimentary report is a PA5 and there is also a PA6 but they don't tell you that. The PA5 results from another assessor looking at your case and if you keep on at DWP to look again you might be lucky as I was and get them to look again and send back your file for yet another assessor to check your case. This is something you can do but will be discouraged from doing not only by DWP but by other posters on here. If you have a long wait for a tribunal why not try and change your award without all the work and stress of a tribunal. Ring DWP and ask to speak to a case manager maybe by waiting for a call back. Ask if they will look again after your MR if you send in further evidence. No guarantees it will work but worth a try. Would be very interested to hear from anyone who's tried this especially as my PIP is up for review in January next year.    
  • tricia190
    edited March 2019
    Fetlock said:
    twonker said:
    The rule is that if you want a copy of your assessment report then you're entitled to receive it, and prior to a decision if that's when you want it.
    If a DWP telephony agent says otherwise, ask to speak with their manager.
    Some DWP case workers manning the phones are there only to deal with phone enquiries. If they can't deal with something there and then they have to create a task for someone in the back office to deal with it instead.
    Some case workers manning the phones can deal with queries which may take a little more time. If one of these answers the phone they can print off the assessment report straightaway and pop it straight in the post. If one of the former takes the call then it can be several weeks before the report will arrive.
    Why the DWP prefers to send reports only after the decision is because that report may not be the final report ie sometimes a case manager will go back to the assessment provider with a query which will result in a supplementary report being produced or the original report being amended.
    Hi Thank you for the info it is really useful but just to highlight for others who may have come across this when looking at the web site for (as in my area)  Independent Assessment Services here is the link which shows what they are saying :
     https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/your-assessment/after-your-pip-assessment/ 

at bottom of page see     ''Getting a copy of your assessment report ''

• poppy123456
    edited March 2019
    Yes that's what they tell you but as previously advised this is not true if you live in the UK, they will send a copy of the assessment report to you before a decision's been made. I've had 2 PIP assessments for myself and 2 for my daughter and received copies of all reports before a decision's been made. This includes my daughters most recent paper based assessment. I have the report, just waiting for a decision. It's also Independent Assessment Services for my area too but it's not them you ring for the report, it's DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @poppy123456 is correct. I too have had all my reports for me and my son before the decision. I would create like mad if someone refused to send it. The reason IAS and other assessment providers don't want you to see it is to cut down on complaints (only my opinion). You need your report before the decision in case you want to appeal. Asking for it afterwards would limit the amount of time you have to use it for an MR by the time it's sent to you.  
  • tricia190
    Thanks poppy123456 and wildlife for your replies 
  • tricia190
    An update to my above enquiry , I noticed that I had a message on my phone from DWP saying that they had received the copy the my assessment report last week , so  I telephoned DWP and after being directed through a few different telephone numbers, and holding on the line for a good  15 minutes ( but it was a freephone number ) ,  I finally got to speak to someone and after a few simple security questions i.e National Insurance Number, Date of birth etc the gentleman said yes I have now activated sending out a copy of the report . So ... thank you for all your replies !  We shall see what the report says and maybe give and indication as to wether all the correct information has been forwarded to DWP . The line I got through on is 0800  121 4433   Lines are open 8am until 6pm Monday to Friday
  • poppy123456
    When you receive that report, at the back there will be boxes with dots/ticks. Compare them against the PIP descriptors online to see what score has been recommended. Points aren't added in the report because they are just a recommendation but they usually go with the report.
  • ajbry
    ajbry Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Silly question! how do you request a copy of your assessment if you cannot call due to pshycological distress? i dnt have an appointed.person although i have daily assistance from my mother. my daughter is 10 so she cnt be an appointed person i had to.leavemy husband due to domestic issues so is there another way i cn get my.report.
  • poppy123456
    ajbry said:
    Silly question! how do you request a copy of your assessment if you cannot call due to pshycological distress? i dnt have an appointed.person although i have daily assistance from my mother. my daughter is 10 so she cnt be an appointed person i had to.leavemy husband due to domestic issues so is there another way i cn get my.report.
    Your mother can ring but you will first have to go through the security questions then pass the phone onto her.
  • ajbry
    thank you poppy123456. my problem is thr communucation to confirm tbr details. i get easily muddled. i will await my letter. which am dreading. thats another reason ive not requested the report cos if the points are bad on the report i will jst sit and panic even more. i eill think about it but thank you. i have read a lot of your replys to others and u help so.much. so on my behave i want to say thank you i may not have been involved in the discussions but your replys are always informal and never rude. thanks again xx
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I know that it is hard but if you wait for the decision letter you will only have a short space of time to ask for an MR if the decision is not what you deserve. By having a copy of the report at least you wil be prepared. It really is necessary to have a copy of the report to take your case to MR as this wil show you the areas that you need to address, if you wait for the decision letter it is unlikely that you will receive a copy in time for an MR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • tricia190
    ajbry said:
    Hi , you can also text the same number , 0800  121 4433  to request the copy of your PIP Assessment Report  even if you decide you are unable to call or text them this may be helpful for anyone else reading this thread who needs to know 
  • ajbry
    thank you all for yoyr advise and help xxx
  • poppy123456
    tricia190 said:

Hi , you can also text the same number , 0800  121 4433  to request the copy of your PIP Assessment Report  even if you decide you are unable to call or text them this may be helpful for anyone else reading this thread who needs to know 
    Are you sure about that? I've never heard of anyone texting DWP before because of security reasons it's likely that they may not send the assessment report out this way.
  • ajbry
    tricia190 i have tried to send a txt to the number and it wont go through. do i have to do something else..i no online it says textphone is 08001214493 ive also tried this nunber bt they wont send 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.