PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Want to give us your opinion? Complete our annual survey.

i should be backdated to when i originally put a new form on my health

paulkpaulk Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
I was on enhanced rate for mobility and standard in care  in Feb 2018 and in july i had an emergency brain tumor removed and my condition worsened so we asked them to look at it again as my care had worsened since the operation
Went to the assessment and they took my mobility to standard and care was standard even though i was worse so we asked for a mandatory reconsideration and had reports from doctors confirming i was worse than before
I have now been uograded to enhanced on both care and mobility but they are only backdating me from jan 23rd surely i should be backdated to when i originally put a new form on my health jad worsened in November 2018 or is it after the operation i had in July 2018?

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 7,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @paulk welcome to the community! I am unsure however members of our community will know and will be in contact with you soon to advise. Let us know if you need anY further help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    @poppy123456 can you help at all?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you reported a worsening condition in November 2018 then that's usually when they back date it to. It won't be backdated to July 2018 because you didn't report the changes until November.

I'd advise you to ring DWP and ask why they've only backdated it to Jan.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    It might be that they are of the opinion that it is a new condition which is required to be in place for 3 months before it can be counted for a PIP award
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
Sign in or join us to comment.