REQUESTING A COPY OF PIP ASSESSMENT REPORT - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

REQUESTING A COPY OF PIP ASSESSMENT REPORT

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    ajbry said:
    tricia190 i have tried to send a txt to the number and it wont go through. do i have to do something else..i no online it says textphone is 08001214493 ive also tried this nunber bt they wont send 
    I really don't think it's possible to text DWP because of security reasons, if you did this then you could be anyone. DWP won't know it's you because there won't be any way to go through security checks. Data protection etc.

The text phone number you're talking about is for deaf people and not a number that you can send a text message to.

May i ask how you usually contact DWP and how you started your PIP claim?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ajbry
    ajbry Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    my ex husband thats now out of the question and for my other benefits am on uc soits all over email..i wrote to them abt why my letter was late(again due to thr domestic issue) and thry sent me a letter stating they would except my forms late.  i did try and yesterday bt the whole waiting made me panic and was too stress full my only.option now is to try when the lines maybe quieter and see if i can do the call cos to get.my.mother as stated i would need to go through security anyway.i hate it bt i will try again. 
  • poppy123456
    Maybe try ringing early in the morning when they open. I must admit, i've rang 4 times in the past month about my daughters review and only once had to wait about 30 minutes for them to answer. Other than that they've answered within 10 minutes. The last time i rang was Wednesday and again i only waited 10 minutes and it was mid afternoon. Hopefully they will answer quickly for you when you try again.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ajbry
    ajbry Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    thank you all..
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    wildlife said:
    @poppy123456 is correct. I too have had all my reports for me and my son before the decision. I would create like mad if someone refused to send it. The reason IAS and other assessment providers don't want you to see it is to cut down on complaints (only my opinion). You need your report before the decision in case you want to appeal. Asking for it afterwards would limit the amount of time you have to use it for an MR by the time it's sent to you.  
    The assessing companies have no say in who gets the report or when. Their job is finished when the report goes over to the DWP. The DWP decide when the reports are issued. As for complaints, you have to be on good ground to win. Arguing that what was said at the assessment but not recorded by the assessor or the assessor saying that a physical examination took place when it didn't is basically your word against the assessor. The assessor will always go along with what was reported even though they know it isn't entirely true.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @twanker  Yes I'm well aware of all that. But it's the assessment companies not DWP that tell you the report won't be available till after the decision hence my reference to them and why they say that.  
  • twonker
    wildlife said:
    @twanker  Yes I'm well aware of all that. But it's the assessment companies not DWP that tell you the report won't be available till after the decision hence my reference to them and why they say that.  
    They are simply reiterating what the rules are as imposed by the DWP. They have that on their website as that is the most likely place that claimants would look. They are only trying to be helpful in passing on the info.
    Anybody attempting to request a copy of the report from the assessing company would be told to contact the DWP.

Incidentally the guidance issued to the assessing companies also says that you can ask the assessor at the end of the assessment to read back what the report says. It was also strongly suggested by the report into PIP that the claimant sit alongside the assessor in order to see what is being written. Neither of those are followed out. 
  • poppy123456
    @twonker are you a previous poster with a new user name? Sorry just curious because some of your comments remind me of someone.....
  • djbantiques
    djbantiques Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    The return of Danday.
  • poppy123456
    Yes Yadnad indeed lol
  • wildlife
    @ Twanker said  "They are simply reiterating what the rules are as imposed by the DWP"  So how do you quote from someone's post? Lol  If telling you to wait for your decision before asking for your report are DWP rules why are they happy to send them out before. I too am an old poster in more ways than one and it's always been only the assessment provider who asks you to wait. The main thing is for people to know you don't have to wait. 
  • twonker
    wildlife said:
    @ Twanker said  "They are simply reiterating what the rules are as imposed by the DWP"  So how do you quote from someone's post? Lol  If telling you to wait for your decision before asking for your report are DWP rules why are they happy to send them out before. I too am an old poster in more ways than one and it's always been only the assessment provider who asks you to wait. The main thing is for people to know you don't have to wait. 
    As many posters on here have said, the DWP do in fact refuse to send the report to you. The advice given is to ring them as many times as you can and eventually you will find someone that doesn't hold with the rule and will send out a copy.
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    No Twonker, some staff at the DWP refuse to send the report.  Believe it or not, some staff also get other things wrong.  It can be easier, and quicker, to just phone up again and speak to someone different.
  • poppy123456
    Here we go again.......that disagreement about the assessment report :|
  • wildlife

Just copied and pasted the following from Gov. uk site. This is from the PIP assessment guide Part 1: 

Who will see the report?

1.8.20 The consultation report is primarily for CMs, but the claimant has a right to see it and can request a copy from the DWP. In the case of an appeal, the claimant, his/her representative and members of the tribunal will see a copy of the report.

A timescale isn't mentioned for requesting a copy of the report therefore DWP advisers should not refuse to send you a copy of your report. If they do you can quote the above. 

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You can quote anything you want to a phone jockey, most won't know or care what you are talking about. If you are lucky the phone jockey might make a note of your query, some might even action sending a report, as long as they have finished doing their nails and picking their nose
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wildlife
    When I rang and asked for a copy of the PA4 assessment report the adviser didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I had to describe it, like "you know it's what the assessor fills in and sends to you after a face to face". Lol.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    In Northern Ireland you do have to wait until they send the decision letter, though.
  • clasship
    clasship Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Can I insist I read what the ATOS / IAS assessor has just written at the assessment? If yes, can anyone supply me with the rules / regulations I can quote to the assessor. 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @clasship - you've p[osted this twice I think...I've updated your other post.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.