ESA3(IBR) + Savings/Proof and What happens afterwards? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA3(IBR) + Savings/Proof and What happens afterwards?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    Richard60 said:
    What does the DWP class as savings / income. Would an inheritance from a family will be classed as savings ?
    Yes, it's an inheritance, where ever it's from.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wild_one
    wild_one Community member Posts: 95 Connected
    Well, it's 'twelve weeks' next week that they've 'officially' had my ESA3 form, and still not heard a thing?
  • Richard60
    Richard60 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    An inheritance was paid to my brother who is in receipt of CB ESA. However due to my brothers severe mental condition he has never had a bank account and so his benefits and inheritance is paid into an account which is in my name. The DWP have appointed me to receive his benefits. Will I have to provide statements for this account if asked to do so by the DWP in order to complete the ESA3(IRB) form.
  • wild_one
    juneyred said:
    I am in the process of doing the esa3 form. I had a telephone call from them yesterday to say they had my forms but I had forgotten to tick 2 boxes. I had filled the form in correctly and used the page at the back to give them any other relevant details, I actually told them everything I could think of going back to 2012! I was not required to send any bank statements in as I had no savings. My forms are now been sent off for processing and it will take between 10 to 12 weeks to here from the assessors. I may be asked for more proof but it is unlikely, I was also told that the lowest payout was £1.47 and the highest was £40,000 but the average is £5000. I hope this clarifies things and if any body wants to know anything else please ask me as the gentleman I spoke to was very nice and helpful and gave me a lot of information.
    I'm the same situation as you. No savings, they didn't ask for bank statements. It took nearly 10days for the form to appear on their system (it was posted recorded and for next day delivery?). They told me that they received my form onto their system on Nov 22nd 2018, not heard a peep since. Three months tomorrow?
  • poppy123456
    Next day delivery is pointless when sending any letters to DWP. This is because all mail goes to the Royal mail sorting process first and signed for delivery means it's been signed for by someone from Royal mail, not from DWP. It's not classed as being there until it's put onto the computer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • wild_one
    Yeah it took over a week to actually get on their computer system
  • wild_one
    Has anyone that is waiting for a decision on their 'underpayment' called the dedicated number 0800 169 0346 recently. It appears to bounce you back to the number that ends 0310 that is never answered?
  • Deanno84
    Deanno84 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    wild_one said:
    Well, it's 'twelve weeks' next week that they've 'officially' had my ESA3 form, and still not heard a thing?
    Has your case been resolved yet ? 
    If so how long did it take ? As mine is going to be 12 weeks on Monday and I haven't heard anything from them yet 
  • wild_one
    Deanno84 said:
    wild_one said:
    Has your case been resolved yet ? 
    If so how long did it take ? As mine is going to be 12 weeks on Monday and I haven't heard anything from them yet 
    Still waiting! Four months next week! There is no incentive for them to be quick. Its all about delaying tactics and creating inertia. If you call them they just fob you off!
  • poppy123456
    With 570,000 people needing to be contacted, i'm not at all surprised that the original 12 week wait for a decision has been increased. The expected completion date for this to be completed and everyone been re-paid everything they are owed is the end of 2019.

• wild_one
    With 570,000 people needing to be contacted, i'm not at all surprised that the original 12 week wait for a decision has been increased. The expected completion date for this to be completed and everyone been re-paid everything they are owed is the end of 2019.

Interesting that they are finding more underpaid claimants which further delays processing? I'm guessing £570 million pounds generates a lot of interest, even on a daily basis? 
  • poppy123456
    Indeed it is. It also includes 20,000 claimants who have sadly now passed away which of course takes even longer.
  • Stoke39
    Stoke39 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    I know it's been a while now but I am wondering if you ever did receive your payment and how long it took. I'm approaching 12 weeks on Monday and everytime I call up I get a shirty person telling me its still in processing and that it will be delt with in middle of April then at the end of April. It really is redicules having to wait for money that's owed to us when they know exactly how much they have paid us and what missing payments are owed to people 
  • wild_one
    Stoke39 said:
    I know it's been a while now but I am wondering if you ever did receive your payment and how long it took. I'm approaching 12 weeks on Monday and everytime I call up I get a shirty person telling me its still in processing and that it will be delt with in middle of April then at the end of April. It really is redicules having to wait for money that's owed to us when they know exactly how much they have paid us and what missing payments are owed to people 
    I agree, the whole thing stinks! I'm at 17 weeks and counting!
  • Deanno84
    Deanno84 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Stoke39 said:
    Yeah it is ridiculous. I sent my ESA3 form on the 17th November and phoned them up in February to see what was happening and was told that my form only got sent to the processing team on 31st December and that the 12 week wait was from when it goes to the process team not when you first sent the form back. Anyway it will be 12 weeks this Monday 25th march and I still haven't heard anything from them so will be ringing them on Tuesday to see what's going on, not holding on much luck as I'm expecting to be fobbed off 
  • Stoke39
    Yeah I agree they are really good at that. Fob off I get constant tears off my sister and questions that I find hard to answer because I don't get the answers to them and only so many times you can say the same answer before she doesn't believe what I'm saying. Its really hard dwp should be ashamed 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Until recently nobody was aware that there had been an underpayment in some circumstances, not everyone that receives the ESA3 will be entitled to a backpayment. With so many claimants to be reassessed it is understandable that it will take some time to complete the process. If you are fortunate enough to receive a backpayment, then it is a bonus. How can you miss something you have never had and never knew about
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Stoke39
    Valid point but try explaining that to a disabled person who also has learning difficulties isn't all that easy unfortunately. It's also the principle not that she has ever gone without but the fact that money would come in useful for the activities she takes part in that should have been paid all along if she is entitled to it. I was only asking if anyone else had got their back payments yet 
  • wild_one
    Until recently nobody was aware that there had been an underpayment in some circumstances, not everyone that receives the ESA3 will be entitled to a backpayment. With so many claimants to be reassessed it is understandable that it will take some time to complete the process. If you are fortunate enough to receive a backpayment, then it is a bonus. How can you miss something you have never had and never knew about
    I wouldn't use the word 'fortunate' when describing how many were short changed by DWP. Without pressure from various groups and the threat of a court case, DWP wouldn't have bothered doing anything?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry, fortunate is a poor choice of word but you get what I meant.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.