PIP renewal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP renewal

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

PIP reviews take place 1 year before your award is due to end. As the end date of yours in May 2020 then you'll be sent the review form May 2019.

When you fill out those forms you need to put down as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Giving 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You'll need to send evidence to support your claim because they very rarely contact anyone for this.

Expect another face to face assessment as most people have them.

If a decision goes in your favour you'll receive a new award date. If it doesn't go in your favour then payments will end 4 weeks after the decision is made, regardless of the end date of your current PIP award. This is because any new decision will overrule your current award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6 Listener
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6 Listener
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Also to add as with the advice you've been given already. Also which is worth noting, the best way to fill your form is with short anecdotal sentences relevant to what you can and can't do, add the evidence which is of functional nature within your medical evidence, which relates to how your condition which best describe your disabilities or health condition(s) on a daily basis. Add diagnosis if you can, even having a diagnosis doesn't just automatically entitle you to ESA, or PIP. Your GP might or wouldn't know really how your day to day life is affected.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.