1st PIP assessment done — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

1st PIP assessment done

Options
Jade08
Jade08 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
hello all, 
 I had my first assessment yesterday, she was nice the assessor. She didn’t want the extra information I had for her. she said GP sent in pages and pages. She then throw me and said people are much worse. 

Anywayshe was nice but my partner and I are really worried.

on a positive note thank you to Poppy and others, you were all correct, “ know your descriptor and have 2-3 examples.” The assessment only lasted 40 minutes and 15 was spent doing ID check and explain what will happen. 

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi, it’s nerve racking. I had mine this morning it lasted an hour and a half. All we can do is wait I suppose 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello,you wonder how you did,well Monday or midweek phone DWP and rearequ a copy of your acessment report it takes about 14 days to arrive once requested on receiving the report you can work out what your award may should be. But you still have to wait for the official award letter.
  • Jade08
    Options
    Nothing from DWP rang Monday nothing, called today I told them it's been 18 weeks since I applied , assessment was done in January . 
    Then I was informed they lost my claim, case paper hence why no decision has been made. I've been told the Will they will look into it. 
    Not sure if to laugh or cry
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Jade08, this must be very frustrating. Have they given you a time-frame within which you can expect some response?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Jade08
    Options
    Sorry Adrian just saw your message,, I was abit down so never logged on...  I started my MR straight away and got letter today with correct award.   thank you
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Please don't apologise @jade08!
    I'm sorry you've been feeling down, is there anything we can help you with and are you getting much support?
    Really pleased you've received your correct award! A bit of a wait but a great result. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.