Dwp have not received mandatory reconsideration - is this another lie? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp have not received mandatory reconsideration - is this another lie?

Options
Maxinus
Maxinus Community member Posts: 43 Connected
i have 8 weeks ago sent my husbands mr to dwp.  Rang yesterday to chase outcome, was told I should have heard within 2 weeks.  They deny having received it.  I sent it recorded delivery and have print out of the signature.  Was told someone will ring us back within 3 days, must admit, i’m Not holding my breath!  Advisor said when they ring tell them you are re-submitting the mr on the phone but there was an undertone of it has to be received within one month -  just all seems a bit fishy to me.  Can anyone advise me on this?  I just smell a rat.  Is this another delaying tactic? And have they any right to refuse a resubmission?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,062 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Receiving a decision within 2 weeks of requesting the MR is exactly correct. There's no timescales to decisions.

Yes, you do have 1 month but with good reason you have 13 months. If what you've been told is correct and they haven't received the letter then that's perfectly good reason because you're not actually late, you sent it. Most MR decision remain the same so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Maxinus
    Maxinus Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.