Capita or DWP have lost assessment results?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita or DWP have lost assessment results??

lpm55
lpm55 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my husband filled out PIP form in November and had someone come to house to assess him in January. We hadn't heard anything so yesterday my husband rang Capita and was promptly redirected to DWP.  DWP say they have received nothing from Capita who did assessment.  Hubby phoned CAPITA back and they said that he would need to be reassessed!  I spoke to manager when I got home as hubby too cross to talked to them and he said he would look into it. To say he called back and said he had been unable to speak to Capita.  Where do we go from here? Can anyone please advise? Thanks

Comments

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Quite a common experience as it appears from other examples I have read about.

At the end of the day if you want the benefit you seem to have to follow the tune played by the piper. I would be surprised if you get an apology.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    I'd call Capita and chase it up again. If you don't get anywhere, get in touch with your MP. If they have lost it, please make a complaint!
  • twonker
    Waylay said:
    I'd call Capita and chase it up again. If you don't get anywhere, get in touch with your MP. If they have lost it, please make a complaint!
    This is not the first time that the report has been lost. Previously one assessor left and failed to log it on, another it just disappeared in the system.
    Complaining won't find it, but if it has genuinely not been received by the DWP (paper copy) that the online version does not exist and no one is 'sat' on it somewhere you will have to have another assessment if you want the benefit.

• helen2019
    helen2019 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    My pip assessor went to WRONG house and assessed person there!!. The assessor submitted report saying theyd seen me when they hadnt. Why didnt they ask for i d then the assessor would have known it werent me. I phoned pip but they didnt believe me and i got no apology just told they will look into it and phone me back.shows how incompetent and messed up the system is! All they care about is getting paid!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @lpm55, did you manage to chase up Capita? Did they have any news for you?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • twonker
    I can't see the assessor admitting to anything. They and their employer will stick to the story mainly because there is no evidence to the contrary?
  • lpm55
    lpm55 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi had letter to apologise for inconvenience and offered £100 compensation.  We haven't accepted it yet. The story gets more complicated thought. Hubby was turned down for PIP no points at all scored. Now   First assessment has shown up and according to points he scored 9 point on daily activity and 12 point on mobility. So what do we do now? Any help much appreciated. Thanks
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @lpm55, I hope I'm understanding correctly. The first assessment they did in January that they lost has since been found and he was awarded points on that but the second assessment they've just done (because they couldn't find the first) he didn't score at all? When was the second assessment done and when did you receive the decision?

@poppy123456, @ilovecats, do either of you have any advice with this one? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Cm63
    Cm63 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi poppy, his second assessment was done in May and we had results from that 2 weeks ago. 
  • Cm63
    Cm63 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    My apologises Adrian 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.