Just made a claim for PIP, 0 points - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just made a claim for PIP, 0 points

2»

Comments

• clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Exactly waylay ?
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @waylay - doesn't much depend on how you present the figures?

IIRC there about 10% of claimants who appeal - 90% are satisfied with the original decision.

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    The DWP I heard last night are proudly stating in a satisfaction survey that close to 90% of people that have made a PIP claim tell them that they are satisfied with the process as a whole!
  • bigglesworth
    bigglesworth Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Can people please stop making up statistics.
  • madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    The trouble with figures they mean nothing, it how you present them that matters,
    in Oct 2018 there was 15,430 new claims for PIP of those 11,000 asked for reassessment, of those 3120 had the decision changed, average wait time 9-11 weeks to get an answer.

If you take Jan 2019 there was 18.930 new claims for PIP of those 10.480 asked for reassessment, not entirely sure what reassessment is as I have only filled in PIP2 and if unhappy had to put MR unless that what reassessment means.
    If you go look the government does record this data
  • madquasimodo
    edited April 2019
    I am not making anything up these figure above are from the government, you may not like them because they show the true facts, but carry on trying to defend a broken system, I will give you the link but you wont want that it wont fit your argument.

Here's another one you don't like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6GbUEaM3Wg it got a frosty response last time, branded as fake and rubbish.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger

@madquasimodo… I’m trying to make sense of the figures you’ve given…

I wonder if they mean the following??

In Oct 2018 there were 15430 new claims…

There were also in Oct 2018 there were 11 000 claimants who were reassessed i.e they are existing claimants who have come to the end of their award…

Of the re-assessments 3120 were changed - either increased or decreased as it’s not specified..

So all the figures really tell us is how busy the assessors were in Oct 2019…..

• madquasimodo
    Sorry this may end being banned as it does not fit the agenda. the figures seem simple but I may have not shown them in a clear form.

15,430 people claimed pip in Oct 2018,  11,000 of those asked for a reassessment (mandatory reconsideration?)
    of those 11,000,  3120 had their award changed, as you would expect the figures are vast and it takes a while to sift though, if you want I can go and see if the figures show if it was up or down. As I recall it was just stated "changed"

I have said before, these assessment should have some legal recourse, if an assessor makes an error you should have a route to correct that and present evidence to back it up, if they downright lie you should have an avenue to get sanctions applied, same as a doctor or nurse there should be a binding legal system, if they are just wrong its not easy to correct, its harder if they just lie.

It was quoted as 90% satisfied with the process as a whole!  the figures I quoted from the government show this is fake, no way can 90% be happy unless they just asked 100 people who just got an award and back pay. figures can be made to show almost anything you want, and as someone said stop making up statistics. Only mine are not made up they have to give these figures out, upsetting some as they try to defend a broken system, you can go look for yourself they publish government reports giving all the PIP, ESA, and Benefit statistics.
  • bigglesworth
    bigglesworth Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    @madquasimodo my comment about made up stats was from before you posted your information.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    edited April 2019
    Hi @mumsy, please let us know how your MR goes. If it doesn't result in the outcome you're hoping for and you decide you want to appeal/go to tribunal, please don't hesitate to start a new thread with any questions you might have.

[This discussion has now been closed.]
    Community Manager
    Scope
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.