Received court paper — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received court paper

audigirl
audigirl Community member Posts: 46 Connected
iv received my letter to appeal from the courts its just a formal letter to say dwp should respond by april 24th 
what is my next step please i can now feel my anxiety raising high 

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    You ring dwp give them ref no and you get paid 
  • audigirl
    Ok thankyou is it just like a waiting game now till they send me all the details of the assesment etc 
  • Dotty123
    You need sick note from date your esa stopped send it then ring give them ref number you get flat rate esa till go court 
  • audigirl
    Iv tried to get a sicknote from when my benefit stopped 8 febuary but my gp is refuseing to write one however i visited my gp on 5th march an i think there going to write a sick note from then but to mention my drs didnt have any appointments in febuary think im going to complain would anyone else 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    To receive backdated money from the date you were found fit for work then you will need that sick note to be backdated. If it's not backdated then you'll lose that money and you'll only receive money from the date of the sick note.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • audigirl
    Looks like il be loseing some money then why do things never go my way ?
  • Dotty123
    Explain dr wouldn’t back date it may not work but trying anything helps xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Dotty123 said:
    Explain dr wouldn’t back date it may not work but trying anything helps xx
    For ESA i'm afraid that won't work. A sick/fit note is always needed to be able to claim it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Sorry mine needs renewed 1/4/19 my dr does backdate thank goodness 
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    audigirl said:
    Iv tried to get a sicknote from when my benefit stopped 8 febuary but my gp is refuseing to write one however i visited my gp on 5th march an i think there going to write a sick note from then but to mention my drs didnt have any appointments in febuary think im going to complain would anyone else 

Complain and ask to see another doctor, they can backdate when they feel like it. 
  • audigirl
    Thankyou all for your responses 
    i received my sicknote yesterday sent it via the link online so now iv yet to call dwp to let them know my ref number dwp have sent a message to say theyv received my note is this normal 
  • Dotty123
    Yes they just let you no got it I’m waiting for my mandatory then il do tribunal good luck 
  • audigirl
    Good luck to you too Dotty123 should i still phone dwp 
  • Dotty123
    Yes put your mind at rest I rang other day waited hour for someone but it’ll put your mind at ease be one step ahead 
  • audigirl
    So i have my sick note in iv been paid at last iv requested some medical notes from the hospital to add to other notes from my drs 
    so is there anything else i need to prepare please are is it a waiting game till i receive a court date any more advice apreciated 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.