Bizarre pip assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bizarre pip assessment

2»

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    That’s an absolute breach of data protection. I would seek legal advice 
  • madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    You will find the thread closed if you rock the boat, some people seem all to keen to defend a broken system, I posted a link to the assessment report when the claimant was referred to very poorly, it received a frosty reception, I see a lot of "Thread closed" if you dare to point out the errors in the system
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    I think it's more to do with people having little spats in those threads and taking them away from the subject that the post was originally about. I don't know though, I'm not a mod/admin.
  • madquasimodo
    I don't see it as "having a spat with someone" here one person has stated "assessors do not get bonuses"  with some authority, only to be shown totally wrong, I had posted some facts published by the government showing how many asked for MR after being told 90% of claimants are happy, this forums I thought was to help people who had problems with claiming, a lot of the time people seem to be told they were wrong or they didn't understand, there should be more of a lets try and help.

It is hard as you explain your problem, without giving too much personal information, so the person who thinks they are helping sometimes comes across as unhelpful. The system is flawed and one of the biggest issues is errors by HCP on the PIP2,    
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited April 2019
    I agree with you. People would be put off asking for help after some of what I've read on the forums.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
     @ilovcats...you are not being unreasonable at all...

If I remember correctly the message that was posted said that if staff do more assessments then they get paid more. It's overtime and perfectly justified. 

The person who did get a 'bonus' (according to the email posted) was the centre manager who I assumed didn't carry out assessments..
  • madquasimodo
    I was replying to WF2k, it was something you wrote but my reply was not aimed at you, if it was I would have quoted at you, I do not wish to argue semantics an "additional £75 per assessment" is a bonus and the extra £50 is another bonus, I would never deny another being paid for their hard work, just because I may call out some incorrect facts does not mean I am saying they deliberately mark people down.
    I will unless banned or the thread marked "Closed" continue to try and help anyone, sometimes seeing where someone has gone wrong may help others, showing you have the same errors on your claim and how you tried to correct them may help someone in the same situation.

You may take umbrage when I point out some errors with assessment, but I am in no way blaming you personally for every assessors mistakes, to that end should you feel I have blamed you, please accept my apology.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    If someone is employed in any other job they would get paid overtime for extra work done regardless of what that work is.
    So why should the assessors be any different?

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    susan48 said:
    If someone is employed in any other job they would get paid overtime for extra work done regardless of what that work is.
    So why should the assessors be any different?

….and there is no problem with management that if their team reach a target of number of cases completed then they too should share in the hard word and overtime that the assessors have done.
  • madquasimodo
    edited April 2019
    I think somethings been lost here, the post was about someone going to another person and filling the PIP2 form in with somebodies details, time and again mistakes are made which effect people lives, it may seem trivial but when it happens to you it can be devastating, if assessment centres are pushing people to get through more assessments then this can only get worse.
    FYI a lot of people don't get overtime or extra payments, my partner did not, being a keyholder she was called out many times, out of hours without extra pay, and had to stay and cash up, spending hours trying to find out which till had errors because the total cash didn't match, I had to when I was working come in weekends to finish shipments ready for Monday dispatch, in the end I refused to work at weekends, they dropped double time on Sundays.

If someone can go to a stranger and fill in a PIP2 its no wonder we get report after report that assessors make when filling PIP2 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.