So how do explain when it seems we are guilty until proven innocent? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

So how do explain when it seems we are guilty until proven innocent?

2»

Comments

• madmarie
    madmarie Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I agree but it is the angry and uneducated people who squash the confidence of vulnerable people. 
    With there personal opinions . 
    Are you disabled Horis ? 
  • madmarie
    madmarie Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I’m really sorry I didn’t mean to offend anyone but just wanted some support and advice xx
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    madmarie said:
    I’m really sorry I didn’t mean to offend anyone but just wanted some support and advice xx

No apology necessary B) , you've got all the support right here. Great people on here with much knowledge, keep looking and posting. ;)  
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @madmarie how are you doing?  I am sorry to hear that your having problems accessing mental health support.

Thank you for sharing.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Is the charity I used before. There do accept people with disabilities as well as mental health.

You can self refer. Which means you can ring up or Email to them not through your Doctor.

Although this could be another access to support.

You have not offended any body.  Understand the issues and problems that you are going through.

I am one of the community champions on the forum and apologise on behalf of some members of the community.

Who seem to want to give their views and opinion. With out respecting any one. You wanted clear, precise and advice and guidance. 

Some members have contributed and given you some of that. Much appreciation to them.

I know this is difficult accessing support what I would advise if I can please.

Is to get a sheet of paper write down what you want from any support or guidance from any charity or welfare.

Make a rough script. I do this all the time.  I am nervous on the phone. Have to admit.

The support and help you require will come.  You need some reassurance I can understand that. I am here as a community member to help be supportive.

Small steps. All the time.

Please take a deep breath and take your time. I am here as any of the community. To listen.

Please let the community know how you are. Keep in touch.

Always in prayers and thoughts.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    madmarie said:
    Horris or horrible ? 
      Education is the key, report your successes and failures. Post links and help others to understand, they are not alone and to receive their entitlements.
    Could I just point out that no one is 'entitled' to any benefit payments until the DWP authorise it. People do have an 'entitlement' to claim benefits but that's about as far as it goes.
    Once an award decision has been made then you become 'entitled' to the money.
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    twonker said:
    madmarie said:
    Horris or horrible ? 
      Education is the key, report your successes and failures. Post links and help others to understand, they are not alone and to receive their entitlements.
    Could I just point out that no one is 'entitled' to any benefit payments until the DWP authorise it. People do have an 'entitlement' to claim benefits but that's about as far as it goes.
    I have to respectfully disagree Twonker. Everyone is entitled to claim PIP or any welfare fund if, they meet the criteria. It only becomes a benefit when you benefit from the payments one receives. It didn't help the genuine people when Benefit street was aired on TV.  Entitlement street, doesn't quite have the same ring to it. And remember DWP work for us, paid through the public purse, allegedly. But it's clear who has the ultimate say, when you have to plead at the appeals Court. Allegedly Courts are the people, overseen by a judge.
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    twonker said:
    madmarie said:
    Horris or horrible ? 
    I have to respectfully disagree Twonker. Everyone is entitled to claim PIP or any welfare fund if, they meet the criteria. It only becomes a benefit when you benefit from the payments one receives. It didn't help the genuine people when Benefit street was aired on TV.  Entitlement street, doesn't quite have the same ring to it. And remember DWP work for us, paid through the public purse, allegedly. But it's clear who has the ultimate say, when you have to plead at the appeals Court. Allegedly Courts are the people, overseen by a judge.
    Isn't that exactly what I said. Entitlement to a benefit only comes about after the DWP award that entitlement.
    Anyhow, seeing you mentioned Benefit Street, I watched every episode and found it to be a little over the top but very close to reality. Obviously it does depend on where you live. I used to live quite close to a large council estate that was built to house the Manchester slums that were pulled down in the 50's and 60's from around  Hulme and Moss Side. Deck chairs on the pavement, and the mum still in her PJ's mid afternoon screaming at her kids the top of her voice. [removed by moderator]

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.