can dwp make a decision and the retract it — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

can dwp make a decision and the retract it

ashleymurphy321
ashleymurphy321 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
I was told I had been awarded pip on the phone when I rang Wednesday then I rang for my report today and they said they haven't made a decision how? I am really confused now why would they tell me that ? 

Comments

• mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    When I rang before she said you got both enhanced components but when I got the letter I never even got enhanced.. Ring and ask to talk to the Decision Maker as customer service can be mis understood sometimes 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    We have to accept that mistakes will and do happen, so we have to wait for the official award notification letter, but once we have had our acessments we must phone DWP and request a copy of our acessment when on receiving can work out what your award may, should be but you still have to wait for the award notification letter.
  • ashleymurphy321
    thanks for the reply I'm really nervous and anxious about it all she shouldn't have said anything if that wasn't the correct information 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    thanks for the reply I'm really nervous and anxious about it all she shouldn't have said anything if that wasn't the correct information 
    That is exactly what you have to put up with when telephoning the DWP. Their 'advice' can never be relied on.
  • ashleymurphy321
    the first lady I spoke to told me I had passed in both category then the other man I rang he was sò nasty and said I was confused then the next lady who my mam rang said it was still pending and hadn't made a desicion what would that first lady actually get out of telling me id passed when I hadn't ???
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    the first lady I spoke to told me I had passed in both category then the other man I rang he was sò nasty and said I was confused then the next lady who my mam rang said it was still pending and hadn't made a desicion what would that first lady actually get out of telling me id passed when I hadn't ???
    The telephone agents employed by the DWP have only one thing in common, their job is to get you off the phone pronto and will tell you anything to achieve that end.
    I refuse to ring them up. 
    I used to claim ESA but was found fit for work after an assessment. Not knowing what to do next I rang them up. I was told to apply for JSA instead and to go to the local Jobcentre. this I duly did and had an appointment at the JC+. Arrived there only to be told that I should be claiming ESA as I was clearly unfit for work. I told them I had but since been taken off it as I was assessed as fit for work and that the ESA office had told me to claim JSA. The JSA claim form was then torn up in front of me and I was then told to speak with the ESA office about appealing the decision.
     Eventually 3 months went by when I received another letter telling me that I had been put in the ESA Support Group for 3 years!

All in all because of that first telephone call I received no money for just over 3 1/2 months.

• ashleymurphy321
    that is shocking I went for a face to face assessment for esa and was put in the work related group and I went for a mandatory reconsideration they have knocked that back so I need to send another one off before they go for appeal and I've just found out I've been awarded both high rate in both components was are still dragging there heels and have me in the work related group 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.