PIP assessment let down — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment let down

mercedesbd
mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello I got a text this morning from DWP to say they have my written assessment I attended 4 days ago and she’s written everything I said down but she’s said I can do this. Like why defeat the object of what I said and say I can do it? What’s the point attending if there gunna say the opposite to what u say? What can I do now I asked to speak to someone but he said I need to wait for the decision that’ll probably be a 6 week wait and then MR   I’ve had enough it’s absolutley draining the only boxes ticked was ‘ Can reliably do this ‘ so clearly a I can’t award u PIP letter

Comments

• Singing
    Singing Community member Posts: 135 Courageous
     Gather all of the evidence you can get letters from your GP and support workers or therapists ask them to write clearly stated letters and write to them asking for mandatory reconsideration explaining all of the descriptors that they missed. Or did not write down properly. You need to say things like ‘the reports said this, but that is not true. actually this is what happens. I enclose a letter from my physiotherapist as evidence... And say the assessment was not adequate. Because, they did not accurately represent the following descriptors, ... that affects me in my everyday living. You are not alone, it is happening to everyone. You need to get all of the evidence you can and then go through the report, and dispute it. And explain in detail how you truly are affected in your daily living. You need to look at the points system to see where it is they got it wrong and how the descriptors are defined.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    You have to wait for your PIP award notification letter before requesting an MR,  but please ask for a copy of your acessment report which on receivimg can be used to prepare your response for an MR giving examples for each of the descriptiors you are contesting and getting any further evidence relevant to your original claim.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    [Post removed by moderator]
  • twonker
    edited April 2019
    [Post removed by moderator]
  • mercedesbd
    edited April 2019

I never overstated my claim at all my doctors wrote me a letter and so did my social worker who all verified my conditions and how they affect me so that’s bull **** isn’t it I didn’t get 1 point not 1. Even if I did ‘ over state it ‘ I should of got some points 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    @mercedesbd don't pay attention to certain people on here, you know your own health better than anyone.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    Please be mindful of how we assume things and how our words may come across to certain members. We need to be giving a safe and supportive space to all our members, Thank you.

• twonker

I never overstated my claim at all my doctors wrote me a letter and so did my social worker who all verified my conditions and how they affect me so that’s bull **** isn’t it I didn’t get 1 point not 1. Even if I did ‘ over state it ‘ I should of got some points 

Well obviously the assessor thought otherwise.
  • mercedesbd
    twonker said:

Well obviously the assessor thought otherwise.
    Just like they have for thousands of other people. She told me she never even had my claims form up as there systems was down. Never even write to my doctor so not being funny I couldn’t care less what she thinks she hasn’t even put the right stuff down   Period. See ya 
  • mercedesbd
    WF2k said:
    @mercedesbd don't pay attention to certain people on here, you know your own health better than anyone.
    I know lol, some people just think ur in it for the ££££
  • [Deleted User]
    @mercedesbd True, I don't think like that though, I'm not judgemental and I'm pretty empathetic.

I'm quite worried about the assessment I had last week, it was a home assessment, I won't go into it because my anxiety is pretty bad atm. I hope everything works out for you in the end. Make sure you get some help from an advice centre if you need it :)

• mercedesbd
    WF2k said:
    @mercedesbd True, I don't think like that though, I'm not judgemental and I'm pretty empathetic.

I'm quite worried about the assessment I had last week, it was a home assessment, I won't go into it because my anxiety is pretty bad atm. I hope everything works out for you in the end. Make sure you get some help from an advice centre if you need it :)

Thank you I will do, your be fine think positive and be positive and it’ll all be fine if you distract urself from it it’ll come round fast ?
  • [Deleted User]
    Thank you I will do, your be fine think positive and be positive and it’ll all be fine if you distract urself from it it’ll come round fast ?
    I'll try but it's hard work with my anxiety, thank you :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.