How much is UC — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How much is UC

LittleGizmo86
LittleGizmo86 Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
edited April 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi

I am looking for advise as i am really confused. I am on UC now after my SSP ran out. I am getting the £317 a month (single over 25). I don't get any housing amount as im staying with a friend and while i pay her to stay there it isnt official with a tenancy agreement etc. So i just get the standard £317 a month.

My friend told me i should be getting the additional disability rate in top as i am signed of sick while i have councelling and not doing anything with a work coach and just sending in sick notes.

I tried to google this but as far as i can see they no longer pay these additional amounts?

Does anyone know the exact situation. I am really struggling paying everything out the £317 a month and really could do with extra money. PIP is awaiting appeal at the tribunal and is a way off.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @LittleGizmo86 , you may find our benefit calculator useful, to see what benefits you can claim and how to get other financial support.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @LittleGizmo86. :)
    If you're unable to work due to sickness or disability, you may be able to claim new-style ESA, but this depends on your previous work status and your earnings for the past two full tax years. If that's not an option, you may be able to claim the LCWRA element of UC, for which you'll need a fit note from your doctor and you'll also probably be asked to attend a work capability assessment at the Job Centre.

It might be worth you booking an appointment with a benefit advisor at your local CAB to go through your eligibility and to point you in the right direction based on your personal circumstances.
    I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know!
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.