How much is UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

How much is UC

LittleGizmo86 Member Posts: 79 Courageous
edited April 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)

I am looking for advise as i am really confused. I am on UC now after my SSP ran out. I am getting the £317 a month (single over 25). I don't get any housing amount as im staying with a friend and while i pay her to stay there it isnt official with a tenancy agreement etc. So i just get the standard £317 a month.

My friend told me i should be getting the additional disability rate in top as i am signed of sick while i have councelling and not doing anything with a work coach and just sending in sick notes.

I tried to google this but as far as i can see they no longer pay these additional amounts?

Does anyone know the exact situation. I am really struggling paying everything out the £317 a month and really could do with extra money. PIP is awaiting appeal at the tribunal and is a way off.

Thank you :)


  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @LittleGizmo86 , you may find our benefit calculator useful, to see what benefits you can claim and how to get other financial support.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,578 Scope online community team
    Hello @LittleGizmo86. :)
    If you're unable to work due to sickness or disability, you may be able to claim new-style ESA, but this depends on your previous work status and your earnings for the past two full tax years. If that's not an option, you may be able to claim the LCWRA element of UC, for which you'll need a fit note from your doctor and you'll also probably be asked to attend a work capability assessment at the Job Centre.

    It might be worth you booking an appointment with a benefit advisor at your local CAB to go through your eligibility and to point you in the right direction based on your personal circumstances.
    I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know!
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.