Disability and incontant embsrassment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability and incontant embsrassment

Options
Clare79
Clare79 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
When my mobility is severe I find it difficult to get to the toilet so I've had to start using tena pants, I live with just my 2 teenage children and I feel embarrassed about it I'm only 39 almost 40 any one else going through this 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Clare79 I know how you feel! I'm 24 and need to wear them.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Parki
    Parki Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi hun yes I do to especially if I'm out and don't know where a loo will be but it beats wetting yourself. It's our life unfortunately. There are pretty ones out now that are less clinical looking. I'm trying to find a new relationship so this is a bit of a block for me too the embarrassment and un sexyness of it all xx 
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Clare79 I have a colostomy and have the same problem if I go out I have to take clean things to put on and all my colostomy things which is hard and get very to go out with thinking if my bag comes away as I do not know that its working tell I look as I have had my bag come away when out and it still working and I feel embarrassed about it
  • Jean Eveleigh
    Jean Eveleigh Scope Member Posts: 185 Pioneering
    Options
    I have to wear incontinence nappies as well not just for the water issues and am also 39 I've been using them for 4-5 years after having several accidents outside of the home, it is embarrassing initially and it definitely affects romantic relationships but I'd rather wear a nappy than soil myself and have to deal with strangers comments for that

Brightness