Disability and incontant embsrassment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability and incontant embsrassment

Options
Clare79
Clare79 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
When my mobility is severe I find it difficult to get to the toilet so I've had to start using tena pants, I live with just my 2 teenage children and I feel embarrassed about it I'm only 39 almost 40 any one else going through this 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Clare79 I know how you feel! I'm 24 and need to wear them.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Parki
    Parki Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi hun yes I do to especially if I'm out and don't know where a loo will be but it beats wetting yourself. It's our life unfortunately. There are pretty ones out now that are less clinical looking. I'm trying to find a new relationship so this is a bit of a block for me too the embarrassment and un sexyness of it all xx 
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Clare79 I have a colostomy and have the same problem if I go out I have to take clean things to put on and all my colostomy things which is hard and get very to go out with thinking if my bag comes away as I do not know that its working tell I look as I have had my bag come away when out and it still working and I feel embarrassed about it
  • Jean Eveleigh
    Jean Eveleigh Scope Member Posts: 185 Pioneering
    Options
    I have to wear incontinence nappies as well not just for the water issues and am also 39 I've been using them for 4-5 years after having several accidents outside of the home, it is embarrassing initially and it definitely affects romantic relationships but I'd rather wear a nappy than soil myself and have to deal with strangers comments for that

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.