Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Disability and incontant embsrassment

Clare79Clare79 Member Posts: 2 Listener
When my mobility is severe I find it difficult to get to the toilet so I've had to start using tena pants, I live with just my 2 teenage children and I feel embarrassed about it I'm only 39 almost 40 any one else going through this 

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,747 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Clare79 I know how you feel! I'm 24 and need to wear them.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • ParkiParki Member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi hun yes I do to especially if I'm out and don't know where a loo will be but it beats wetting yourself. It's our life unfortunately. There are pretty ones out now that are less clinical looking. I'm trying to find a new relationship so this is a bit of a block for me too the embarrassment and un sexyness of it all xx 
  • GeraldGerald Member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Hi Clare79 I have a colostomy and have the same problem if I go out I have to take clean things to put on and all my colostomy things which is hard and get very to go out with thinking if my bag comes away as I do not know that its working tell I look as I have had my bag come away when out and it still working and I feel embarrassed about it
  • Jean EveleighJean Eveleigh Member Posts: 134 Pioneering
    I have to wear incontinence nappies as well not just for the water issues and am also 39 I've been using them for 4-5 years after having several accidents outside of the home, it is embarrassing initially and it definitely affects romantic relationships but I'd rather wear a nappy than soil myself and have to deal with strangers comments for that
Sign in or join us to comment.