Reassessment + Esa has gone clerical — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reassessment + Esa has gone clerical

Toejam
Toejam Community member Posts: 10 Connected
Hey!

I randomly had to be reassessed for esa (support group) after 10 years this January and I've still not heard anything back. But on the 27th of March I received a letter saying:

Dear Toejam,

I am writing to you regarding your claim to Esa. Your claim is being maintained clerically at present due to a computer system fault.

Payments will still be made as normal on your usual payday whilst we are fixing this issue: I have included a summary of your benefit entitlement below.

Notification of your claim is being maintained clerically and has been sent to your local authority:

Please retain this letter for your records until we have corrected the issue affecting your claim.

Yours Sincerely,

Esa Clerical claims team

I tried phoning them all yesterday to get this sorted and couldn't get through... I think I spent around 3 hours on the phone trying to speak to someone!

They've missed two payments already and I've no idea what's going on.

Has anyone had the same problem? 

Cheers. 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Toejam, sorry about your problem, it looks as if the DWP have an It problem with a few claiments and have resulted to processing issues by hand. As for your non or late payments these should catch up and be reinstated at least the DWP have informed the your local authority about the issues they are having and you will still get and housing and council tax benefits. Keep the cummunity updated. 
  • Toejam
    Big thanks for the speedy reply. I actually did a search and couldn't find any thread that was similar to my problem, haha. 

I'm going to phone DWP first thing on Monday morning and ask what's happening with my reassessment as it's been 3 months and I've not received anything about it. I'm starting to panic a bit thinking the reason my money isn't in is because they have decided that I'm not entitled to it. 

You'd think having crohn's,  intestinal failure, anemia and doing TPN for 4 days a week for 16 hours a day that I would have no problem with getting these benefits. 

I guess I'll hopefully find out soon. I'll keep you updated on what happens. 

Thanks again. 
  • Toejam
    Update. 

Rang this morning and after an hour I finally got through. My Esa account has been wiped for some reason and they can't access it... It needs to be rebuilt?!  They put all the info through to my local benefit center and should get my money today (fingers crossed).

Regarding my reassessed. 

They said they received it in March and still haven't made a decision. Presumably because they are so busy ?

Now I wait. 
  • Toejam
    Update 2.

Received my money on the 15th. Still waiting to here anything about my reassessment. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    Hi @Toejam, how frustrating that you had the reassessment in January and they only received it in March! 
    I'm glad you had your payment on the 15th and hopefully you'll hear about your reassessment results soon. 
    Keep us updated!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Toejam
    It's now July and still haven't had any word on what's happening. I'm still receiving my money when I should which is brilliant. The question is: Do I give them a phone and poke the hornets nest or just leave it and wait and see? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    It can take several months for a decision to be made. Expect a face to face assessment because most have them. The good news is, your money will continue until a decision's been made. If it was me i'd leave it, you'll eventually hear something.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Iv been waiting since December 2018. I sent forms back and heard nothing either. Still receiving payments but heard nothing about face to face assessment!! I’m leaving well alone
  • Toejam
    Thanks for the replies people. It's kinda crazy that they leave so many people in limbo for months/years... Really not good for people's mental health. I've got to the point I really don't think about it now, but I'll get myself into a wee panic now and again when I've got a lot on my plate. 

It's really starting to feel like a war between disabled people and these awful corporations. I fear it's just going to get worse with the nonsense that's going on in the country and the idiots running it. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.