Can you have both of your benefit appeals at the same time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you have both of your benefit appeals at the same time

Options
Funkimunki17
Funkimunki17 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
My support person has requested to the tribunal when I was last there, if there was any chance of me being able to get both of my benefit appeal hearing carried out on the same day so that I wouldn't have to keep coming back to the court?
And also the reason for the adjournment of my ESA tribunal was that there wasn't enough medical evidence within my tribunal papers and also that they wanted to find out why the DWP granted me the enhanced rate of mobility. 
Can you please help me out as I am very confused as to why the ESA tribunal panel want to know the reason for the DWP awarding me the enhanced rate of mobility? I thought that they were two different tribunal panels? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I've never heard of PIP and ESA Tribunal hearings taking place at the same time because they're different benefits.

I'm unable to answer the other question, sorry.

You say you're getting support for the Tribunals, is this from an advice centre or just a family member/friend?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Funkimunki17
    Funkimunki17 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Options
    They're a firm called benefits answers, they're similar to a solicitor that work on a no win no win basis. I thought that both of the tribunal panels are independent of one another. So would anyone know why the ESA tribunal panel would be interested in my DLA (PIP) claim? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.