PIP and ESA reduced — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and ESA reduced

Options
lauraphilip1
lauraphilip1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Ive just recieved a letter saying that my pip has been cut and i still get inhanced mobility but no care now today ive also recieved a letter saying my esa as of the 5 of april 2019 will be 127.15 then the 12 of april 19 ill get 128.45 but i also had a letter in feb 19 saying my money was going up from the 8 of april 19 to 194.30 from191.45 i cant understand how my money has been cut so badly on my esa when im in suport group and get the limited capibility t work and money as im serverly disabled can anyone help me please as im a servere epileptic and need t no why wen they aint supposed to be in any sort of connection the 2 benefits 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @lauraphilip1 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We advise, guide and help new members who join the forum.

In response to your benefit query. We have members of our community or members of our team.

Who will be able to help and answer your query.

Benefits are complex and confusing.

Have you contacted CAB. They have a wealth of expertise and knowledge. May be able to advise you and explain more.

Something to consider.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,361 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hi,

It sounds like you were claiming the Severe Disability premium in with your ESA, which is approximately £64 per week. As you no longer claim the daily living part of PIP then you won't be entitled to this. If you disagree with the PIP decision  you have 1 month to request the Mandatory Reconsideration.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.