denied home visit bf223 form - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

denied home visit bf223 form

Comments

• Zenkoblue
    Zenkoblue Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
    I’m off to see doctors in bit after last night I call crisis team about been want to died I got really bad anxiety today so I need see doctor about that and getting new letter for my esa assessment I hope it helps.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Zenkoblue, I'm glad to hear you reached out to the crisis team and they were able to support you. Best of luck at the doctor today, let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    oh I do hope you get doctors help zenkoblue.im going through exactly the same right now and im ill with it.
  • Zenkoblue
    Me too I better get going it woman doctor one I like so hope it goes well keep you posted and gl dixiegirl 
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Sometimes they still don’t accept drs letter 
  • dixiegirl
    Hi dotty but if your I'll and doctor states your not able to go to assessment how can they not accept this.this would be a failure of doctors and the duty of care to you surely.
  • Dotty123
    True but loads have got drs letter for home visit they go against it not many get home visit exactly it makes your dr look bad 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    A Drs letter requesting a home visit doesn't always help. If you attend other appointments it's possible that they will tell you that you can attend the assessment centre if you attend other appointments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Zenkoblue
    Yeah that so true just seen doctor and she doing second letter I just got the over letter about no home visit. I am still surprised they re looking in to my case and waiting on second doctor letter which inform them that I live with my mam and she in bad health I myself have mobility problems anxiety and suicide due to esa assessment. Can’t remember the rest guess I got wait get the letter next week and post it.
  • dixiegirl
    Hi poppy.yes that is what they say.but how can they decide what's going on in someone's head when they have no idea what mental health difficulties  can do to you.yes some people can manage a Dr appointment with a doctor who they know very well because it's out of necessity for medical treatment.but genuine people with these problems still go through terrible anxiety and distress to do this.and suffer terribly afterwards.it is a whole different thing to go somewhere strange and talk to a stranger.especially under these circumstances which is also very stressful for those people with no mental health problems as you will all know.why have they this right to refuse home assessment after a doctor has medically stated that a person is unfit to manage it this undermines  the doctor who states this.I myself feel on the verge of a nervous breakdown just thinking about this and I'm ill. No-one should be put in a position that they feel this way because they fail to listen to doctors .
  • Zenkoblue
    You took the words out my mouth dixiegirl I just hope my doctor did right this time with letter. I trust my doctor as they know me but esa person so different and more scary to me and the lies they tell.
  • dixiegirl
    I hope your letter will be enough this time.im waiting to get one too.this is awful just awful.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    dixiegirl took the words out of my mouth too! I have significant anxiety (agoraphobia, maybe social anxiety and GAD), depression and FM. I find it pretty hard to attend any appointments and ask my Son to cancel and rebook them more often than not. I'm actually still waiting for my home WCA, not in any hurry for it though, not long had my PIP review home assessment :/ Was shaking a lot during that assessment, luckily my son was here to help.
  • dixiegirl
    Hi there wf2k yes I'm the same.can I ask how you got wca for home.visit.
  • Zenkoblue
    Yeah I like know that too wf2k how get home visit just hope my letter right this time. Wow lot people going thought same things as me.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited April 2019
    @dixiegirl My Son called the medical centre and asked for a letter, the GP stated that I have significant anxiety, agoraphobia and that I will cancel appointments often and that she thought a home assessment would be best (not in those exact words).

@Zenkoblue I hope you manage to get a home assessment.
  • Dotty123
    Good luck they don’t accept drs letters usually 
  • Zenkoblue
    Ty yeah my doctor said home visit would be best as I live with my mam she care for me heh said most this in last post but I hope I get home visit been doing some cbt see that help my worry’s and mood. 
  • dixiegirl
    Thank you wfk2, I cancel appointments too I need to go but then find I cant,I hope all goes well with your home visit,please keep us posted on how it all goes for you.
    Zenkoblue I hope you get your home visit I too am waiting for letter from doctor now.my appointment is 7th may I don't know what else to do if this letter is not accepted,you only get to cancel one appointment,I am just not able to go they know all of this.I will lose my benefit because of this.can anyone give any advise please I am so scared and ill with the worry now I got pip home visit 18 months ago with all the worry over that has knocked me way back then this any help would be appreciated from community.thank you
  • Zenkoblue
    I know it hard not to worry been reading up on c b t which help me a bit I got number from esa place contact the team deal with my case and they cancel my appointment and are waiting in my doctor letter I hope this time they accepted it. All I can say gl I know how you feel and hope someone can gave you more advise then me .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.