Anyone in to Affiliiate Marketing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone in to Affiliiate Marketing

veriterc
veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
edited April 2019 in Work and employment
Does anyone understand AffiIiate Marketing?  can't go out to work now, so being practical working from home is ideal solution.  I have set up a blog which is starting to get hits.  I startd working with Amazon;  at first got a reasonable amount each month, but recently they have changed - goods sent out come from other countries with information written in a different language, and my income has suddenly dropped dramatically.  So obviously I need to change and am looking for help.  This would be in health and skincare sector.  Any suggestions would be very welcome.  Thank you.

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @veriterc congratulations on your blog :)  I am sorry to hear about the changes, maybe you can inform them about the type of products they send is not suitable. Hopefully some of our members may offer you some advice. Please keep us updated.
  • veriterc
    Thanks Antonia. Sadly, I find you can't contact Amazon directly;  you have to go on a Forum and post a question.  Then another user might (if you are lucky) pick this up.  When a friend did this for me (I don't trust my IT skills) she said she got replies from others having similar problems, but no solution.  Still I am hoping I can find another company that markets skincare via people with blogs like mine.   
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @veriterc are you looking for just skincare or cosmetics as well as I have read they are completely different. I will have a look for you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • veriterc
    You are quite  right, although skincare and cosmetics are frequently lumped together.  I write about skincare, and the brands that have been developed under the eyes of hospitals, with clinical trials, for cancer patients.  Sadly these are all European, Australian or US companies.  
  • Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    Hi @veriterc

I also market myself online and most of my clients are based overseas. Communication is difficult when you cannot speak another language, but good levels of communication are crucial and I find that clients respond favourably when I 'try' to make an effort in their particular language... I do this by using Google Translate, which is pretty good... .. though not perfect.

All that is needed is to type 'English' words into one box and a drop-down menu offers loads of different languages which will automatically translate what you have written. You can then cut & paste onto any Word document.

You can also type/copy a foreign language and then translate it into English, which may prove helpful to your Skincare product information.  Also, this would be hugely beneficial to you in knowing what is being stated about the product and particularly any 'safety' or 'allergy' issues if mentioned. 
  • veriterc
    Thank you for information.  I seem to manage with the languages, but I am looking for a person or company that can set up Affiliate marketing - if anyone knows someone reliable
  • Ami2301
  • Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    this sounds like something i would be interested in but have no idea where to start, not on the beauty care side though 

• Ami2301
  • veriterc
    Thank you.  Neil Patel sounds a good contact.  Has anyone used his service?

Brightness