Pension credit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pension credit

Juveagles
Juveagles Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello can anyone tell what a guaranteed number is as I have never heard it before and even when I spoke to pension credit and they never heard of it as well. The reason I am asking this is because for me to get free dental exemptions because my wife gets pension credit but my dentist keeps asking me for this guaranteed number for the exemption to get it free. So can anyone help me on this as I would be so grateful 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I have no idea what the guaranteed number is either, sorry. For you to be eligible for free dental treatment then you would also need to be claiming pension credit with your wife as a couple.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Juveagles
    Juveagles Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    That’s the thing@poppy123456 my wife does get pension credit so I am eligible for free dental however the dentist still say they need this guaranteed number so I rang pension credit and ESA and they both said they have never heard this guaranteed number before. The letter itself is all the proof to get the exemption. So now the dentist to get any refund I have to claim it back instead of just refund it back to my debit card, I am so annoyed I will never go back to that dentist as they continually trying to mug me off. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.