Could someone please answer this question? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Could someone please answer this question?

Options
broccoli
broccoli Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello, I wonder if anyone could answer this question please. 
I have received a letter from the "Health Advisory Service", to say that I have a home visit next week between 9 and 3pm! My question is, am I entitled to have an actual appointment TIME? I have been "fighting", for my rights for months, and am exhausted. They contacted me this week by telephone to ask if I could be on their "cancellation list" for my area, and I said NO. I clearly explained my counsellor visits me once a week each afternoon of the day they plan to visit. Yet again ignored, disrespected and trodden on. 
I would be grateful for advice. Many Thanks.

Comments

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    First time I've heard of that... Anyone? @BenefitsTrainingCo ?
  • broccoli
    Options
    Hi Waylay, thanks for responding. The fact that you haven't heard of it should be enough to get my alarm bells ringing. As usual their vile correspondence arrives on a Saturday, when no one is available to contact until Monday. 
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Options
    my experience was over 20 years ago with my first and only home visit, as i keep all paper work and are somewhat of a paper collector, mine gave a date and time and who were coming, so i had no surprises either, mine kept to the time, polite and made me feel at ease, was a good experience, but sorry to say things change in time, but also don't know now, good luck and hope someone who knows more does reply and offer more and better advice than my waffle
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    HI @broccoli I'm not an expert, just another disabled claimant, like you. That's why I tagged @BenefitsTrainingCo . It might happen all the time, and I just don't know. ;)
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello, as with all appointments, hospital, doctors, builders ect unless you are the first call or appointment then don’t expect to be seen on or at your appointment time.  Even firms making parcel delivery’s give a few hours window so your time span should have been AM or PM not between 9am and 3 pm to big a time window and when you ring on Tuesday request an more accurate appointment time AM or PM they must know who will be taking the assessment and what the approximate time of their arrival. They may have two assessments to preform one AM and PM so all you want is an accurate appointment time with in reason.
  • broccoli
    Options
    Hi Zakblood, that wasn't "waffle", its was friendly advice which I appreciate and made me cry. This profit driven company has taken my breath away, I thought not much could surprise me anymore in life. Thank you Waylay, perhaps it does but as my Gran used to say they can go "tickle a brick". 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've never heard of them giving such a large window time frame for a home assessment before. For the last home assessment i had it was a 2 hour time frame.

Ring Tuesday to ask if they can give you shorter time frame. If you do have to cancel the appointment completely then remember you can only do this once.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • broccoli
    Options
    Hello Poppy thank you. I've already had my "share" of cancelling appointments, as they wanted me to go to a centre. 3 GP letters and an MP letter later, here I am. A two hour window would be fine, but all day is yet another indication of their contempt. 
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Options
    broccoli thanks and i do honestly wish you all the best, now days it seems you have to be strong and fight for everything, makes me mad and also wonder why, as we were the generation which made it, and now live with a broken and 2nd rate service and have only ourselves to blame for it, as i've never voted in my life, as i feel one idiot is the same as the next one tbh, but boy was i wrong, now mind you i'm not sure which idiot to vote for either, as too many idiots are also in the madhouse, as proven with the Brexit mess we are left with, so what hope of we of having anyone who would be better off doing the job in our life time?, they not only don't care, as for one it never and doesn't effect them, they careless and only want us the people on a given day of every couple of years, apart from that, we are just a number, and such a small and worthless one, it's hardly worth the effort for them it seems, equality does't apply where we are concerned, we are the forgotten and worthless scroungers it seems or are made out to be, so yes "shake a stick" and "tickle a brick" not heard of them for a long time
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @broccoli welcome to the community! I agree with Poppy, ring them Tuesday :) Let us know if you have any further questions!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.