PIP face to face concerns - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP face to face concerns

Options
2»

Comments

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    WF2k, that might be appropriate in other circumstances but in this specific case Jpc has no one to help her. Were she to set up the equipment herself, as ilovecats says, it invalidates a claim for points under two categories.

Surely it will only 'invalidate a claim' if it's not true?

If someone is claiming that they don't have the cognition/ dexterity to carry out certain tasks when they are perfectly able, and avoids setting up a tape recording to maintain this deception, then that's very wrong. 

• Jpc
    Jpc Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    Waylay said:
    @Jpc If you're in East Anglia I might be able to go with you....
    That’s very kind but I’m on the south coast. Thank you very much for the offer though
  • Jpc
    Options
    ilovecats said:
    It depends what the person is claiming they cannot do. If it is take tablets out of a packet, or cannot follow a recipe, anything dexterity or cognitive related then it would go against their claim.
    Yes my form says I can’t follow a recipe safely or reliably and often drop things. That is all is true so I worry if I try to record by myself that I will either A. Get it wrong which would make the whole exercise pointless B. Manage to get it right, which would count against me The assessors are Atos and I’ve heard a lot of bad stuff about them which has me panicking.
  • Jpc
    Options
    sorry I wasn’t being detailed - the bulk of my claim is due to my having ME which affects my concentration, ability to follow directions, mobility, hand eye coordination etc. Added to that is long term depression and social anxiety which means that even when I’m able to get out of the house (and it has to be by car), I’m unable to go further than my village unaccompanied. My mobility, cooking, communication, dressing, medication, and washing components are almost entirely ME related but the small amount of things I can do are further limited by my mental health. I hope that makes sense?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.