Four months after a fall in a supermarket store — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Four months after a fall in a supermarket store

Options
samahira
samahira Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi
i slipped on a supermarket wet floor about four months ago. They had a ceiling leak, there was a bucket collecting water but no wet sign. I reported the incident and after a month I approached the company as my fibromyalgia flare up was not getting any better. 
Their solicitor investigated the accident and wrote that the client will consider for compensation. 
I now talked to a injury solicitor and he is bit unsure how to proceed with my condition as some insurance companies don’t want to recognise fibromyagia as a illness. 
Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @samahira I am really sorry to hear this, how are you doing today? You may want to get in touch with your local CAB or Fibromyalgia Association UK's helpline may provide some suggestions. Please keep us updated,
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The NHS say
    Fibromyalgia, also called fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS), is a long-term condition that causes pain all over the body.

Fibromyalgia UK produce a medical information pack that might be useful?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • samahira
    Options
    Hi
    i am writing after a long time.  I want to know how long it takes to get an answer after applying for carers allowance.

regards
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    samahira said:
    Hi
    i am writing after a long time.  I want to know how long it takes to get an answer after applying for carers allowance.

regards

Anything between 8-12 weeks but there's really no timescales. It depends on backlog in your area and all areas are different.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • samahira
    Options
    Thank you for the information. My daughter is my carer. Can she call them to see the progress of the application. 

Regards
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As it's her claim for carers allowance and not yours then yes she can ring them herself.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.