PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Four months after a fall in a supermarket store

samahirasamahira Member Posts: 33 Connected
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
hi
i slipped on a supermarket wet floor about four months ago. They had a ceiling leak, there was a bucket collecting water but no wet sign. I reported the incident and after a month I approached the company as my fibromyalgia flare up was not getting any better. 
Their solicitor investigated the accident and wrote that the client will consider for compensation. 
I now talked to a injury solicitor and he is bit unsure how to proceed with my condition as some insurance companies don’t want to recognise fibromyagia as a illness. 
Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

Replies

• Antonia_AlumniAntonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    Hi @samahira I am really sorry to hear this, how are you doing today? You may want to get in touch with your local CAB or Fibromyalgia Association UK's helpline may provide some suggestions. Please keep us updated,
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    The NHS say
    Fibromyalgia, also called fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS), is a long-term condition that causes pain all over the body.

Fibromyalgia UK produce a medical information pack that might be useful?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • samahirasamahira Member Posts: 33 Connected
    Hi
    i am writing after a long time.  I want to know how long it takes to get an answer after applying for carers allowance.

regards
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    samahira said:
    Hi
    i am writing after a long time.  I want to know how long it takes to get an answer after applying for carers allowance.

regards

Anything between 8-12 weeks but there's really no timescales. It depends on backlog in your area and all areas are different.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • bekindalwaysbekindalways Posts: 79 Member
    Hi @samahira Really sorry to hear about your accident.  I too suffer with the debilitating FM/CFS amongst others.  

Let's hope the Supermarket have CCTV as this can only help your case against them.  Your post doesn't state if you are on PIP/DLA before this unfortunate incident happened.  As for carers allowance, your carer is entitled to £66.15  if he/she cares for you for a minimum of 35 hours per week and if employed, earns no more than £123. Per week.

Also

Eligibility

The person you care for

The person you care for must already get one of these benefits:

• Personal Independence Payment - daily living component
    • Disability Living Allowance - the middle or highest care rate
    • Attendance Allowance
    • Constant Attendance Allowance at or above the normal maximum rate with an Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
    • Constant Attendance Allowance at the basic (full day) rate with a War Disablement Pension
    • Armed Forces Independence Payment

Hope this helps xxx
  • samahirasamahira Member Posts: 33 Connected
    Thank you for the information. My daughter is my carer. Can she call them to see the progress of the application. 

Regards
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    As it's her claim for carers allowance and not yours then yes she can ring them herself.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.