My sons new care package — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My sons new care package

Philomena
Philomena Community member Posts: 5 Listener
hi I wrote on this about 2 months ago and I thought everything was sorted with his care he was getting 24 hour care but they came back last week social services and said he would only be getting 5 hours a day we refused they will be coming back tomorrow we are not sure of George’s rights as he can do nothing himself only use his phone or computer which all takes him a lot longer he can pick up small bite size food with his hand but he needs to be feed by carers he needs to be changed throughout the day as he where’s pads and is wheelchair bound not sure what to do now as george wants his independence and doesn’t want to live at home he wants to live in his new flat feeling safe with carers hope you can advise me in what to do .
Phil (George’s Mum)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 32 Connected
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Philomena
    Philomena Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I’m Making appointment with citizens advice and maybe if I can get scope assessment thanks for the advice.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Philomena I am sorry to hear what has been happening, sounds like a stressful time for you. Please keep us updated and let us know if we can be of any further help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Philomena
    It might help you to speak to someone on our helpline, you can call them on 08088003333
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
  • Shazia
    Shazia Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi All
    This is my first time. I live in Manchester and I have a NHS Personal Health Budget that covers my care cost. I used to be with a care agency but hated it for years. I then had the opportunity to employ my own PA's which was grate as most of my carers from the agency came with me, until now when a few of them want to leave which is going to leave me seriously understaffed. I asked the budget people for help on recruitment but all they said was advertise which i tried but couldn't get anyone with experience. So i'm really stuck i don't know where to look for experienced carers. i don't want to go back to an agency.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              I was hoping if any one has been through this and is able to help. Any advice on where to look for carers/PA ie companies, online registers etc. Or if you know anyone looking for a PA/carers job I will be grateful.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Shazia
    Shazia Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi Badgerfreedom60
    Thanks for the suggestion I will definitely try facebook.

Brightness