Another assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Another assessment

Options
meaghan
meaghan Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi everyone had a pip assessment middle feb lasting hr and half  and been ringing capitia for last 8 weeks ,just had a call telling me they want me to have another assessment next wk ,no reason given ,,im so stressed ,has anyone else heard of this before .its first time claiming pip .

Comments

• AhhBisto
    AhhBisto Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Options
    We've been waiting a while with Capita after an audit required my partners assessment report be reworked. So I did some quick research today.

In the PIP assessment guide part 3: health professional performance

under 3.6 Rework:

3.6.5 In some cases it may be necessary for an additional face-to-face consultation to be carried out, either with the original HP or a different HP. The impact of any such consultations on claimants should be considered when making the decision to carry out a repeat consultation. Where possible, further consultations should be avoided so as not to place extra burdens on claimants. However, this should not compromise the quality of the advice to DWP.

It may not be the case in your circumstances, but potentially the quality of the report did not meet acceptable standards.

Did you request a copy of your assessment report?
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @meaghan

A very warm welcome.

It sounds like the assessor has made a pigs ear of your report and assessment provider is covering it’s back.

Nothing for you to worry about, but will be very frustrating for you.

As suggested above, contact the PIP helpline to get a copy of the assessment report. You will be able to see why they are panicking about it. The only time of needing a further assessment, is when the claimant has not been able to complete the first one.

I would e-mail them to get a reason from them about the delay and need for the second assessment. This could be useful for you further down the line.
  • meaghan
    Options
    Thank you for reply..no they wont give a report to n.ireland unfortunately..also it never got as far as dwp .stayed with capitia for 8 wks ..i was previously told didnt need anymore information or another assessment..then was told i need another assessment..so stressed and really dont understand it 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @meaghan

Now I know you are in NI, that sheds further light on matters.

From what I’ve read the DWP process for PIP in NI, is a complete shambles.

So much so that the Public Services Ombudsman of NI, has decided to thoroughly investigate matters. This is an unusual step by an Ombudsmen, as they usually take instructions from the state.

Why not speak to the Ombudsman’s office, to explain your situation, on tel: 0800 34 34 24, You have nothing to lose.

Keep us informed.
  • meaghan
    Options
    Thank you so much i am having my second assement on Wednesday if i can settle myself down ...i havent heard anyone else this has happened to very stressful ...thank you for information and support ...
  • meaghan
    Options
    Well had my second assessment today .thank god its over ,assessor had no idea that i already had one done over 8 wks ago they didn't inform her she said very unusual for this to happen ...she was very nice but very focused on the job in hand..few things that i had gone through with last assessor she knew nothing about at all ...she went through all meds reports ect everything question on form ect have to say she put me at ease as my anxiety was through the roof ..hard  to say what outcome will be but i told truth and can do no more ..just waiting game now ...
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @meaghan, the assessments can be very stressful so I'm glad your assessor was able to put you at ease and went through everything with you. Hopefully they won't keep you waiting too long for a decision!
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.