Personal pension for UC — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Personal pension for UC

Nader
Nader Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
Hi

I have a meeting at the jobcentre to provide evidence of savings. Would a personal pension be regarded as savings/capital for UC purposes?

Thanks.

Comments

• Nader
    Oops! This should have been in the Universal Credit category. Don't know what happened there!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I've moved it for you @Nader. :)

To answer your question, I need to know whether you have access to the pension at the moment, are you drawing from it/getting money from it? If not, then it's not classed as savings or capital as you don't have access to it. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you're receiving an income from the pension weekly/monthly then it's classed as income £1 for £1 for UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nader
    Thanks to both of you. 

Adrian: Thanks for moving me to UC.

No, I’m not receiving anything from it. And I won’t be able to even access it for a few years yet. So ok, that’s clarified that. 

Do I have to inform them of having a personal pension, or should I only mention it if the question is asked? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    You can't access it so no you don't need to mention it. You only need to do that if you have access to it or you're receiving an income/lump sum from it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nader
    Understood. Thanks Poppy. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.