Positivness — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Positivness

jgreives
jgreives Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2019 in Coffee lounge
At the age of forty I found out the reason why we couldn’t have a family , I was diagnosed with Klinefelter Syndrome this really knocked me for six but it explained what I was feeling , as I’m type 2 insulin dependent, have Osteoathritis severely had 19 major operations the last one being  multiligament reconstruction  I can barely walk use an electric wheelchair I can drive so that gives me freedom and besides having other health problems I try and stay positive my wife and I help each other for I’m her eyes as she is visually impaired and she’s my legs and it works well I do voluntary work which also helps keep me positive and I’m happy . John .

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello John and a big welcome, being disabled hits hard and the younger we are the worst it can or could be, my GP told me when I said you don’t know much about MS , his reply was, you’ve got what you’ve got  make the most of it you have an appointment with the MS nurse in a few weeks she will give you the support you need but don’t built your hopes up, a bit harsh but my GP is and can be john blunt, but you no where you stand no mucking about. He has given me and all who have dealing with I’m have given good reports and no complaints about his style or manner. Between you and your wife you have built a loving trustworthy relationship with no doubt humorous and mutual understanding of and for each other’s needs. Getting out like you do meeting people gives you a break and a welcome change. Take care john and keep posting.
  • jgreives
    jgreives Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    When they told me the professor stated well we will chop your head off and replace it with a cabbage , from that moment on I always speak my mind .
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @jgreives and welcome back to the community, I'm not sure we've 'met' before! :)

Thank you for sharing your ways of staying positive, volunteer work definitely seems to help a lot of people. I have to agree with @wilko it sounds like you and your wife have a great dynamic. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    It is great to be able to be positive when you`re face with stark adversity.

But I`m told I`m an inspiration for my cheerful outlook on life in a wheelchair. Just `celebrated` my 20th year as a disabled woman.

I find I`m feeling less inspirational as times goes on.

I have a lot to be thankful for.

Brightness